cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move Advice Sought

N/A

House Move Advice Sought

We moved house last month and broadband was scheduled to move to the new line (new phone number) on 31st July. Two and half weeks later we are still without a broadband connection. On August 10th I was told that the order to BT had "stalled" and had to be re-submitted so it would take a further 5-7 days.

Today (5 days later) I have just been told that the order has had to be re-submitted again and its now going to take a another 5-7 days. I spoke to CS on the phone and they said there was nothing they could do to improve this because the BT process takes 5-7 days full stop.

My question though - is there anything I could do (maybe with BT ) to re-assure myself that the process really is in progress this time. I don't want to wait another 5-7 days only to be told that it hasn't worked again, that the order has had to be re-submitted yet again, and it will be another 5-7 days.

(Open ticket Ids: 19849145 and 19922221)
3 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

House Move Advice Sought

Trouble is the customers of ISPs have no means of direct access to BTw-- the ISP has to be used as their go-between
N/A

House Move Advice Sought

I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and decided I just couldn't risk the problems you are experiencing, so I've cancelled the service and will sign up with a new provider as soon as my new house line is live. I reckon they will actually care about getting it set up!
However I've also called NTL to move my second line to the new property, and they have organised the line and broadband to be live within 12 hours of my moving in. That's more like it! I'm going to get adsl set up too, and keep the ntl broadband as a backup (the outages on LLU here have been too much to handle - never again!) But with new broadband suppliers like Freeola, which has no activation fee and a three month half price contract with no further tie in, unless plusnet get this moving service sorted I can see others doing the same.
Plusnet, I'll miss you, and hope you improve, but enough is enough.
N/A

House Move Advice Sought

I'm about to move and thinking of just starting again with someone else too. With all the difficulties of staying on Plusnet these days any extra stress put on me by trying to be a loyal customer will be the last straw.

Tell me James Bailey: If it's quicker to sign up with a new provider than move Plusnet to the new location then (from a comms/PR/sales point of view) why should your customers put up with the extra downtime and fuss?