cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotmail rejection

Community Veteran

Hotmail rejection

Just tried to send from webmail to 2 hotmail accounts and both were rejected for the same reason you have stated. Sending an identicle mail to the same addresses via outlook express got through OK.

It has nothing to do with using Mozilla/Firefox as I tried with IE7, it looks like Hotmail are blocking mail from PlusNets webmail system.

Sendinmg the same mail from mail2web.com (which you can use instead of PN's webmail, just use the advanced login) got through fine.
7 REPLIES
Tigger
Grafter

Hotmail rejection

I've just had three attempts to send an e-mail to a Hotmail address rejected - reason given is this (different Hotmail server each time):

host mx3.hotmail.com [65.54.244.72]: 550 Your e-mail was rejected for policy reasons on this gateway. Reasons for rejection may be related to content such as obscene language, graphics, or spam-like characteristics (or) other reputation
problems.

As there was no obscene language, graphics, or spam-like characteristics (no links, sex-related words - it was to a single recipient about a consultation on a new development in our town), all that's left is the reputation problems!

Anyone else having Hotmail problems?
waldron
Grafter

Hotmail rejection

No promlems here - I can send to Hotmail OK.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Hotmail rejection

Tigger
Grafter

Hotmail rejection

Hmm. From your link,

I can send to Hotmail without a problem using Outlook 2003, but no cigar with Mozilla Thunderbird

I was on on laptop, on SquirrelMail, running on Mozilla Firefox, whereas normally I am on the desktop on Outlook. (I'm sofa-bound, recovering from a knee op).

I bet once I get back onto my desktop, I can send the e-mail with no problem!! But why?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Hotmail rejection

Not sure about this but would the mail from Outlook be seen as being from a different IP address than from webmail which might even use a proxy
Tigger
Grafter

Hotmail rejection

Firstly, can you remind me how I log in to Mail2web.com? What's the server name?

Secondly, can Plusnet pick this up PLEASE? Get Hotmail to allow SquirrelMail to communicate??

Anyone here from Comms team?Huh
Community Veteran

Hotmail rejection

I believe they should both go out via the same mail server farm route but maybe they don't and webmail goes via a mail server which is blacklisted by Hotmail.