cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting issues

N/A

Hosting issues

The domain which is hosted by Plusnet no longer resolves, which causes me real problems - I don't get any email.

Having worked with people who know DNS inside and out (I know a little, but mainly from the email side), they say it should be straight forward to re-propogate the DNS records. So I don't understand what the problem is (as it only seems to effect a few customers) and why they can't do a quick fix whilst they're looking at the underlying causes.

I'm not really looking for lots of people to lag off PlusNet - I probably feel the same way, but I'm looking for a representative of Plusnet to respond.

Please?

Many thanks
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hosting issues

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45235

There is an on-going issue with hosted domains which is yet to be resolved.

Details also available on Service Status.
N/A

Hosting issues

Probably the main issue for PN is to find the domains that have the DNS records missing then after that it can take several hours for the updated records to propagate through the system.
N/A

Hosting issues

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45235

There is an on-going issue with hosted domains which is yet to be resolved.

Details also available on Service Status.

Thanks Peter, but this doesn't actually give any details of what the problems are, why they're only effecting certain people, and why they can't make a quick fix.
N/A

Hosting issues

Probably the main issue for PN is to find the domains that have the DNS records missing then after that it can take several hours for the updated records to propagate through the system.

I have raised a ticket on this, so they know my domain is effected, so if they were doing quick fixes, mine should have been done.
I'm aware that propogation takes time, but it is not even resolving from PlusNets systems, so that's not been done.
Community Veteran

Hosting issues

Because they still don't know what the cause is so don't yet know what to fix.

I'm sure if a quick fix was available to them they would have done it by now.
N/A

Re: Hosting issues

The domain which is hosted by Plusnet no longer resolves, which causes me real problems - I don't get any email.

Same problem with my domain. It was down on 23.06 after raising a ticket was back on again on 24.06 Now it's been down again since 04.07 and e-mail for the domain is also down since 05.07. What the f*** is going on? Haven't they got a contingency plan?? Having been with PN for so long I am seriously thinking of leaving and with me will leave 6 other PN business customers whom I reffered to PN and whose networks I maintain.

PN get your act together.
Community Veteran

Hosting issues

My domian dissapeared as well. I called PN last night and spoke to CS. It was back within an hour and some of the lost e-mails that have spent the last week bouncing around the ether have started to arrive.

It's called a z file or something that needs re-created. I had an open ticket which was not responded to, I only had it fixed when I spoke to CS. They sorted it asap.

Best of all I was only on hold for about 10 to 15 mins.

it oweuld be good if PN advised what the problem is and the effect it has. Whitout PN system recognising a hosted domain the customer will get none of the mail sent to it. Effectively if your email is working it's still down if people don't know the @username.plus.com address.

PN have not mentioned or explaind the consequencies of this problem anywhere as far as I can see.

Hope this helps,

A
N/A

Hosting issues

My domian dissapeared as well. I called PN last night and spoke to CS. It was back within an hour and some of the lost e-mails that have spent the last week bouncing around the ether have started to arrive.

It's called a z file or something that needs re-created. I had an open ticket which was not responded to, I only had it fixed when I spoke to CS. They sorted it asap.

Best of all I was only on hold for about 10 to 15 mins.

it oweuld be good if PN advised what the problem is and the effect it has. Whitout PN system recognising a hosted domain the customer will get none of the mail sent to it. Effectively if your email is working it's still down if people don't know the @username.plus.com address.

PN have not mentioned or explaind the consequencies of this problem anywhere as far as I can see.

Hope this helps,

A

Christ, that really pees me off, that they could have done something about it.
I wonder whether no one looked at my ticket, or looked at it and chose to do nothing about it.
I'll add something to the ticket and see if I can find out.

Thanks very much for the info - much appreciated.

Rgds
N/A

Hosting issues

Because they still don't know what the cause is so don't yet know what to fix.

I'm sure if a quick fix was available to them they would have done it by now.

I'm not saying "I told you so" by any stretch here Peter - I am greatful for your input, but it seems that there was a quick fix, but it didn't get applied in this case. That's not good.

Jonathan Whiting created the zone file for me and now I'm getting emails again, so if you read this Jonathan, thank you very much - much appreciated.