cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooray I'm leaving!

N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

After literally months of being messed around by these people I FINALLY have a MAC code. A MAC I can actually use. To leave. Cheesy

Oh happy day! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bye bye marvellous endlessly changing terms and conditions Cheesy

Bye bye constantly fluctuating fairly used fair use usage. Cheesy

Bye bye bizarre lengthy emails from Plusnet appearing randomly in my inbox explaining why Plusnet dont actually suck and how Plusnet is a way of life and click here to upgrade and become a Plusnet pod person. Cheesy

Bye bye iffy connection Cheesy

Bye bye futile 100 minute phone queue waits Cheesy

So long tickets being answered by people whose previous job was temping for Woolworths. Cheesy

All I can say is. I'd thought Bulldog were bad...

(thank you Mand and Jon, about the only people in the PN world who ever even attempted to help me)
15 REPLIES
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Congratulations!!

Hold the door open, a few behind you...
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Good luck to you.

I've just told PN where to stick their ADSL line and have cancelled the direct debit.

I gave them 10 days notice that I was moving house, seeing that they need 7. They ignored my 'question' for 8 days, then said that as there was only 2 days till I move house they couldnt have it done on time.

Im going with Zen or someone (anyone) else.
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Bye bye. Who are you going with? Hope it won't be out of the frying pan and into the fire. :twisted: :lol:
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Come December, Sky will be welcoming me with open arms!
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Im off to Eclipse.
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Eclipse looks good, hadn't heard of them before. Hope you can pop back to tell us how it goes? Cheesy
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Hi All,

I left PN in August and joined TalkTalk , but rue the day !!!

They don't know their Arse from their elbow , technically!!

They don't support routers of any sort and don't know what "ping or tracert" means. They give the same old line -- it must be your equipment that is at fault . They are still recruiting CS people. I was told that I would be stuck on 512K for at least another year. They transferred me over early and did'nt tell me , they had done it and had not even given me a username and password. I suspect that SKY will be the same, so would not recommend either , but have read very favourable reviews about ZEN broadband , albeit they are a bit more expensive than PN. I have been with TT for about 3 weeks and have asked them for a MAC code. I'm off to ZEN. There's another ISP called IDNET which also has a reasonable review , costs about the same as ZEN.

Regards
Ian
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Eclipse looks good, hadn't heard of them before. Hope you can pop back to tell us how it goes? Cheesy

I was going to migrate to them a couple of months ago but found out just in time that they were going to put me on Tiscali LLU. Thankfully I cancelled about four days before the migration was due . It took 3 emails and a phone call to get the migration cancelled, and there are no staff available at weekends or after 8-9pm Mon-Fri. I can still log into the account that I created and the interface/portal is very very basic and doesnt have anywhere near the tools PN has, and no forum (c r a p p y if you like)

The only reason I was going to migrate to Eclipse was to get a speed upgrade, but since then PN have upgraded me and I have to say I have no complaints with the BT connection. I know they have big problems with LLU at the moment but I don't think you'll be any better off with Eclipse. If my connection stays as it is I have no reason to move and can put up with the email problems.

Perhaps the only reason Eclipse are taking LLU Mac's is that they are also putting customers on LLU, makes sense really.
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Thanks Ill check on that. I did get an email from a sales person who swore faithfully that they wouldnt migrate me to LLU without telling me. I was careful to check on that after the Plusnet LLU fiasco.

Not staying with +net is more a matter of principle for me now!
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

Read the ADSL Guide Eclipse forum, that's how I found out. The salespeople lied to me as well and when I spoke to CS they admitted they had been using LLU but wouldn't actually tell me who the supplier was. The CS rep would only refer to the 'network supplier' and refused to confirm or deny it was Tiscali. When I expalined that I had been missold the product as I had specifically asked not to be put on LLU there was no problem with the cancellation. I can bet you that there's a good chance that you'll be put on Eclipse Tiscali LLU if you do decide to migrate.
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

God is there no escape from LLU...
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

I am off aswell, got my mac code last week after raising a ticket and was told to wait 7 days but I thought FUCK THAT and gave them a call.

Waited for half an hour but finally got through to someone who processed my mac code immediatly without any arguements and I am off to UKFSN.

Anyway my migration will go through at midday on Friday this week.

Good luck to all on PlusNet and PlusNet themselves as remember you were a good service once Cool
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

This is the reply I got from Eclipse when I asked them about this dratted LLU, what do you guys think?

"Thank you for your email,

We are currently trialling this with select people from our database,
in the next round of trails we are i believe going to give people the
chance to opt out of this.

The migration process has been in the last few month being trailed by
BT and other LLU companies, as far as i have read it has been very
successful and with the hope that they will roll this out across the board
in the next month or so, but at present no dates has been set for this.

Kind Regards,"
N/A

Hooray I'm leaving!

The answer to your question is here

If you had to specify that you were moving to Eclipse when you requested your MAC then there is a fair chance that you will still be on LLU. Perhaps the reason Tiscali gave PN a MAC was that they knew that you would still be on their network as they also supply Eclipse. Have Eclipse stated if there will be any downtime if you do migrate?