Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeworker Pro upgrade date...

batfastad
Grafter

Hi

With all this talk of free speed regrades I'm wondering if my Homeworker Pro (or whatever PlusNet have called it this week) is included in all of this?

I'm on a Homeworker Pro up to 2MB, signed up in Sept 03

What about the contention issue?
I'm on 20:1 at the moment (I assume), but something in the upgrade press release said i'd go to 50:1 - great.

Someone raised this point in another thread.

Thanks

Ben
13 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Ben,

Your account remains Homeworker Pro, and unless you decide to change account types will remain on IPStream Office (20:1).

So long as your line supports it you'll be seeing a speed upgrade to either 1Mbp or 2Mbps for free and your monthly subscription will stay the same.
N/A

Dave, how can the price remain the same, when the premier version is cheaper? something like £54.99 inc vat? you see am on homeworker pro 2MB.

I know the name has changed, but it is just the same thing, is it that the customer carrys on paying £65.99 because it is still called homeworker pro?
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hi Ben and (?) nmcclurkin
Like you I am on a Homeworker Pro account but am feeling neglected by PlusNet !!
1 My account does not have AV or anti spam - unless I pay extra for this

I think we are in a minority and Plus Net really do not want us on these accounts (but let them remain as we pay VERY good money for these!)

2 ADSL guide lists the following
2Mb http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/prodinfo.asp?id=682
Or
1Mb http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/prodinfo.asp?id=679

Teleworker Premier accounts( both listed as 20:1 contended by BT) BUT I cannot find these accounts available via any upgrade path within the Plus Net portal !!
When I try tp follow the "Upgrade Path" the only options listed are the 50:1 contended products!! even the new teleworker products are only 50:1 contended by BT
Perhaps Dave can confirm IN MORE DETAIL ! just what benefits and options are open to us whilst remaining on the Office 20:1 contended product that I selected Plus Net for when I signed Up?
Mick
batfastad
Grafter

Just checked and I'm only paying 29.99 per month, well my business is anyway.

Is this correct?

Wow, staying at 20:1 BT contention, possible upgrade to 2mbs, for the same monthly charge!
Superb.

Thanks Dave!!!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The only accounts we now offer on IPStream Office are the Business range of accounts. To change to Teleworker Premier or PAYG would involve a change of contention on BT's side of the network.
N/A

To Highbeeches,
I'm currently on teleworker pro 512. I've just received an email telling me my a/c is now homeworker pro up to 2mb, no other changes. So you will still be on 20:1 contention. £5 more than the new teleworker, but a better contention Wink
N/A

Homeworker Pro 1Mb

I currently pay £44.99 for 1Mb 20:1 Teleworker Pro plus £2.50 for AV and ASpam.

If I've understood correctly, PlusNet want me to continue paying £47.49 per month for 20:1 2Mb "soon" when 2Mb Business Premier at 10:1 contention including AV and ASpam is only £34.99 - £12.50 per month less for a better service.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Andrew
batfastad
Grafter

10:1 contention?

Wow!!

Both our office and the homeworker accounts we pay for are IPStream Office - which I think is BT's 20:1 package.
We've got 1Mb in the office and all homeworker accounts are 512k

I didn't know we could get 10:1

These are exciting times.
N/A

well i`ve just been down the Teleworker re-grade route, and although
i can sympathize to some extent with the Plusnet Website developers,
who must have a really complex job keeping up with all the constant
changes, i do feel that the Business Product changes, which have been
on the cards for what seems like an eternity, could have been introduced
to the customers in a far better fashion.

If one follows the link given us in the email, it shows an upgrade choice
as shown here http://www.wogga.plus.com/Upgrade-choices.jpg
which i`m told by CS is a residential product. ??

But if you follow the main Business link on the Portal and then go
Broadband/Teleworker
http://www.plus.net/business/broadband/teleworker.shtml
you`ll see a whole different bunch of Biz products
http://www.plus.net/products/option.html?type=teleworker&speed=2000&contract=Annual&hardware=Hardwar...

anyway i`ve changed from Teleworker Pro 2MB at £65.99
to the Teleworker Premier. Speed Up to 2Mb at £21.27

i`m pretty amazed at the spin they have put on the email statement -

"Your new Plus.Net HomeWorker Pro - Up to 8Mb product means you'll be first in the queue for a free upgrade to new faster speeds when they arrive. "

i mean seriously, i`d only get the speed increase when my village exchange gets it`s speed upgrade, and so i`m not standing in `Front` of some make believe Plusnet queue. and paying double for the priveledge.

thanks to the CS agent for putting me straight, (and btw he also agreed that it is a bit naughty of Plusnet to take customers money for the alledged queue jump.)

To be fair, i`m over the moon at the new price £21.27 for 20:1 2MB
but have some concerns over the new `Bandwidth Management`
N/A

thanks to the CS agent for putting me straight, (and btw he also agreed that it is a bit naughty of Plusnet to take customers money for the alledged queue jump.)

Doh!
N/A

Correction

Both the Homeworker Pro 2Mb product and the Business Premier 2Mb product are 20:1. Business Premier has better addons - webspace, domains & etc. My arguement is still valid though - the inferior Homeworker Pro accounts costs £12.50 more than the better Business Premier account.

Why?

Rgds,
Andrew
Prod_Man
Grafter

I think you will find that ALL of the Teleworker packages are now BT contended on the 50:1 service!
There is actually NO 10:1 contended service this is another layer introduced by PlusNet (in addition to the BT one)
Mick
N/A

I have a Teleworker Pro 1MB connection and pay £45 per month. I raised a trouble ticket asking why I was paying £5 more for a service which is available to new customers for £40 and was told-

"You are paying £45 as you are on the TeleWorker Pro package, rather than the regular TeleWorker package. There is a small difference between the two packages, as your current one is provided with a 20:1 contention on the BT network, where as the regular packge is only 50:1"

I have asked for a real breakdown of the contention ratios available for business packages, but it is purposely misleading to say you have a contention ratio of 20.1 only to have the fine print say its something else .....

I am a long standing customer and supporter of plusnet but this kind of practice turns my stomach.