cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HomeWorker Pro - Up to 8Mb

N/A

Can someone please help me to see if i am correct on plusnets product names, is the following below correct?

IP Stream Home Max - is called by plusnet = BT IPStream Max 50:1 ~448k Upload * 8128k Download

IP Stream Office Max - is called by plusnet = BT IPStream Max Premium 20:1 ~832k Upload * 8128k Download
52 REPLIES
N/A

Err yup I think that covers it.

In short, all Residential packages = IPSTREAM home and all business packages = IPSTREAM office.

Regards,
N/A

Right well i still dont know what am being changed on too,

The automated Generic Modify Transaction (MODIFY) has submitted an order in eCo to change the customers product to BT IPStream Max.

So am to believe that IP Stream Max has 832k upload speeds on a 20:1 contention?

What is IPStream Max Premium then?
N/A

What package have you got with plusnet?

Business or residential?

If your a business customer you on the higer IPStream product, if your a residential customer you will be placed on the lower product.

Regards,
N/A

Am on the "Plus.Net HomeWorker Pro - Up to 8Mb £65.99(monthly)"

Which is an IP Stream Office 2000 20:1 contention.
N/A

In which case you will be placed upon IP Stream Office Max - is called by plusnet = BT IPStream Max Premium 20:1 ~832k Upload * 8128k Download which is the higer spec dsl MAX product.

Regards,
N/A

Service Notice: SN27706059
Raised: 2006-04-06 15:41:59 by: Support
The automated Generic Modify Transaction (MODIFY) has submitted an order in eCo to change the customers product to BT IPStream Max.

Well it doesn't read that in the contact us.

So the next step is to raise a ticket.

Thankyou. Smiley
Prod_Man
Grafter

@mandbeckett wrote
Your account, whilst being a homeworker product, is classed under the business category.

Like you I am on a Homeworker PRO up to 4mb and have the same entry in the raise a ticket dialogue. So let us know what answer you get.

I am sure that the "Auotmation" does not cater for ALL (our products being no longer current!)
N/A

Hi there,

There may have been a bit of confusion here.

IP Stream Max Premium does NOT apply to all business accounts.

Teleworker and Small Business are IPStream Max, products whilst only the Business range are Max Premium.

Full and further details Here

Hope that clears things up a bit. Smiley
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hi Mark
Thanks for that.
As you say there is some confusion due to PlusNet changing the types of accounts...Teleworker and Small Business are provided on the BT 50:1 contended service....(Home worker may have been also) ..this is now not shown on details page your link goes to .. BUT... the products we are on the Home worker [b PRO] are provisioned on the 20:1 contended service. Which plus net then only showed against the "Business" range.(again this is no longer shown).
One of the main differences appart from the 20:1 contention was the upload speed to be offered under the new MAX product of 832 K (as opposed to the 448 ) both of these are of importance to me!
Also as we know possible usage limits might have an effect but as my useage is less than 10gb currently thats not a problem. However with possiblity of additional services to be offered who knows what the future holds?
N/A

Check this thread guys: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40801

I raised a ticket yesterday and my BT MODIFY order was very promptly changed to Ipstream Max Premium - I originally signed hp for Homeworker Pro 20:1. On top of that, regrade was down for Thursday, now it's Monday.

As you'll see from the thread, Mand Beckett said this [mistake-ed.] won't be repeated going forward - presumably most 4&8Mb regrade orders (inc. all 20:1's) have just about gone into BT (700/day thro' this week) so I'm guessing they didn't want to have to do all the 20:1's again. Whether this was a screw up or PN trying to get the old 20:1 Homeworkers in line with the current Teleworker product, I don't know - I asked in my ticket but no reply from the BT ordering dept. to the CSC was forthcoming. They could also be doing this on a case by case basis - I think there's a few of us still paying £45-65 and using around 10Gb (low) so, they might be happy to grant our wish, keeping us happy and our very profitable cash rolling in.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Post that may help here (read the whole topic from there on).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Well i still havent got a reply back and this is my account, there is also my brothers account which he is on the same and a mate also with the same account the three of us are paying 65.00 a month and want the proper upgrade.

I am going to login in to BT tracking landline orders and if i cant get any info there i will be phoning BT to ask what is the upgrade on the line is, i will find out.

Ticket: 19117414
N/A

Im also on the same as 'nmcclurkin' should i be making a ticket also..?

Generic Modify Transaction order has been accepted and BT is now processing it.

Raised: 2006-04-06 16:11:07 by: Support
JonathanW
Grafter

There does appear to have been a problem with some of these older accounts not having their modify orders submitted correctly, its been raised internally and they are working on resolving it to ensure that everyone is placed on the correct Max product.

I'll make sure that anyone on this thread who's seen this happen gets picked up and their modify orders appropriately modified.