cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HomeWorker Pro 2Mb || where do we stand?

N/A

With all this fuss going on about the products that had the FUP (or not.. i mean wtf??) the more expensive lines seem to have been forgotten in both the FUP area and the max DSL area. It seems that we would have not got, nor were we going to get the FUP on us, however now what is going on, plusnet say they have reduced other lines down to a 30:1 contention ratio for free, ok so why do we not get somthing for nothing. We pay a lot of money for our lines yet you are more than happy to ignore us with these offerings, why not put ours down to a 10:1 ratio? or as bulldog can do, a 3:1 ratio. What about maxDSL as well, I have read a lot about how the 512meg lines are gettin upgraded to 2meg //1 meg lines depending on the line quality for FREE, yet no mention of US getting price cuts due to our service no longer being faster than theirs, where is the insentive now to pay near on 70 quid a month for a 20:1 2meg line when you can pay 21.99 a month for a 2meg 30:1 line? i mean WTF , do you WANT to keep our custom? or are u just trying to f u c k us all over? If they are gettin upgrades to 2meg and 30:1 why can we not get upgrades to 4 meg ( upto 8 where its poss) and a drop in contention. it seems you care more about those that pay the least amount for a line, where as those that pay the most are forgotten. Hey if im wrong please enlighten me to what IS happening to my account. I will not pay 70/month for a line i can basicaly get for 21.. whats the point? really?

Andy
38 REPLIES
N/A

I've been waiting all day for someone to answer the many questions about the Homeworker accounts. Especially the one about how we're a business account only when it suits them (Homeworker and Teleworker accounts *were* going to get FUPd. The other business accounts weren't).

Plusnet simply don't seem to give a monkies about our accounts. And they'll charge if we want to regrade to a Premier account.
N/A

Hi guys,

I think we need to make sure that this issue is not allowed to be forgotten. We have all raised questions about the Homeworker/Teleworker products. If I get no answer then the ADSL Guide website may be the next port of call. I have already raised a ticket with PlusNet - still no reply.

Surely they can justify why they charge so much for so little - or maybe the silence says it all?

Ultimately, I may have to vote with my feet :?
N/A

3 months ago, pn were the best, now.. what is leftHuh where is that help that ppl liked, where is that support?

buz

its nice to see all those pn workers posting here to ans the question isnt it
N/A

**bump**
N/A

thanks for raising this.

Plusnet please confirm what benifits for us Pro accounts.

we`ve had these `wait till the end of the week` announcements before
and not seen any benifits to our accounts. you`re slipping way behind the competition here.

asdlguide might be a good move oldmoose
surely they`d attempt to defend their stance on a more public forum.
N/A

An ISPs own forum is not public enough? Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The Teleworker/Homeworker Pro accounts are provisioned on IPStream Office on BT's side rather than IPStream Home and will thus benefit from faster upload speeds when the faster speeds become available and are provisioned on a 20:1 basis on BT's side of the network.

I'll make sure I find out more information for you next week.
N/A

thank you (at last) nice to know we MAY get some upgrades for free. Hopefully better ones than the ppl that pay 21 quid.

buz
N/A

Hi,

The Teleworker/Homeworker Pro accounts are provisioned on IPStream Office on BT's side rather than IPStream Home and will thus benefit from faster upload speeds when the faster speeds become available and are provisioned on a 20:1 basis on BT's side of the network.

I'll make sure I find out more information for you next week.

Thanks Dave for taking the time to answer these questions about the Homeworker/Teleworker products - much appreciated.

Can you also try to find an answer to these questions: -

It is also obvious that some Plusnet 2Mb Home Premier accounts have been provisioned onto a 20:1 contended service - as BT did not have a 2Mb residential service available at the time. Are they also on the BT IPstream OFFICE product or some other BT 20:1 contended product? It seems that they will be able to keep their 20:1 contention by paying just £5 more per month over and above what a normal 2Mb Home Premier customer will be paying - even at today's prices that is just £44:99. What are we on 2Mb Homeworker Pro getting extra over these customers - considering we pay £65.99 per month?

Cheers - and look forward to next week Wink
N/A

*bump*
N/A

Dave. Since I can't even get 2meg on my line it's doubtful I'll be able to take advantage of any upload limit increases. What else is there on a Homeworker account that makes it worth the extra money for someone like me?
N/A

You business types costs more when things go wrong, so you get more 'support', hadn't you noticed? :roll:

(Theres no difference)
Ben_Brown
Grafter

This is not the case, Faults reported to BT on their IPStream OIffice products are dealtwith quicker by BT so there is more support.
N/A

More support provisioned by BT though!

What do they get extra from PlusNet? And is that IT? Just better support? is it £20 a month better support? How many of the business users actually make use of it?