cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move

kreynolds
Grafter

Home move

On 01/07/05 I raised ticket 16922950, to inform of moving home, gave the BT line number. Updated the ticket 04/07/05 to inform +net that BT said the new line would be active as at noon 08/07/05. OK thought to myself +net will know that they will not be able to provision the ADSL on my line before this date and time....Mistaken!

Finally connected PC to the line after much frantic searching through boxes to find an extension, booted up router....no sync. Mmmm thinks I is the ADSL active. Connect through the slower than the dead connection (here you go BT have some more money! Wink ) check on the ticket and what do I find?? the order was cancelled at 13:26 08/07/05 as no BT line no contract!

Obviously somebody in provisioning does not read the tickets. Quick call to CS this evening has got it reprovisioned for about 5 to 7 days time. Fine fair enough thanks to the CS agent for doing this. What I would like to know is as considering the fact that I informed + net of the line activation time as soon as I got that info from BT will I now get a partial refund of my billing charge for the period spent without ADSL connection?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Home move

Yes, although it may not be automatic.
What happened with mine was that I was charged for the period that I was without a connection, but then that period was credited to my account once my connection became live.
So if you have no connection for 14days, CS will happily push your billing date back 14 days once you are connected.
I think you will have to raise a ticket requesting this, but they should sort it for you without any hassle.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: Home move

What I would like to know is as considering the fact that I informed + net of the line activation time as soon as I got that info from BT will I now get a partial refund of my billing charge for the period spent without ADSL connection?

Hi there,

As sallyandjames has already mentioned, we have no problem refunding or crediting you for the period without an ADSL service. It isn't an automatic procedure though and you will need to raise a ticket on your account via the ticketing system.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

kreynolds
Grafter

Home move

Many thanks James and Bob, must remember to raise the ticket when I get activated sometime this week. Cheesy