cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home connection down?

N/A

Home connection down?

No connection here either since tuesday.

Looks like it's becoming a monthly thing here :roll: - was off for a week last month.
N/A

Home connection down?

And I am sure no one is getting any support replies from them and we can stay hours on the phone to them. Cheaper to travel with a USB stick and pick the bytes up myself Wink
N/A

Home connection down?

Just thought you might like to know that I've just received the following reply to my support ticket :

CSC Agent 7:52pm, Friday 14th July 2006

We are currently investigating an authentication problem across our network.

Affected customers will be able to gain synchronisation with the exchange but will not be able to connect or browse, and will not be assigned an IP address.

Our engineers are working on this at present and will provide a further update shortly via our service status pages.

Kind Regards

For now I'm lucky I can still piggy-back on that local unsecured wireless router.
churtonst31
Grafter

Home connection down?

And we're back...

My connection has been back up since 00:05.

It is so frustrating to spend a day without broadband. I am definitely of the generation which is dependent upon it.

But that aside, I'd like to say thanks to PlusNet for fixing the fault.

Hope it's not the start of something more sinister.
N/A

Home connection down?

I'm back too! :lol:
churtonst31
Grafter

Home connection down?

I spoke too soon.

I have intermittent connectivity.

Was up from 00:05 to 00:25.
Up now since 00:32.

Fingers crossed...
N/A

Home connection down?

Finally! I can access the net!

I just like to show my complete dissatisfaction and I am utterly appalled by the customer service provided by plusnet. Having not being able to log on since this morning I decided to ring up PN to find out what was going on. I was left on hold for ONE HOUR :!: :!: :!: And still couldnt get through. It was not untill my phone battery died and I rang up again that some pre-recorded technician stated that they just found out there was a problem at 1700hrs, 2 mins after I hung up and how many plus hours since I couldnt access the net.

You customer support statistic says:
Call statistics
Average call waiting
14 minutes and 51 seconds
Last updated: July 14, 2006, 8:53 am

What a complete and utter lie! What kind of service are you providing? I am not the kind of person to complain but being kept on hold for 1hr is ridiculous. Thats a waste of MY TIME, MY MONEY and there is no apology for any of it. I have a deadline coming coming up which requires me to research on the net and I have been unable to do it. Is anyone going to apologise for the trouble?

No wonder you are losing your customers. Why are we paying you? A service that is unreliable and customer service that is non existent. I wouldnt be so upset if I wasnt kept on hold for so long. You need a better system, not leave people on the line hoping that they would go away? Was I in a queue? Was I ever going to get an answer? Was there any point in calling you when all your recorded message had to say that I should try online?

I want an apology this is unacceptable behaviour.
churtonst31
Grafter

Home connection down?

I think that's a bit harsh.

PN's customer support access could be better. But at the end of the day, the issue has been resolved in a fairly timely manner.

As I said in a post above and as you have mentioned, it is extremely frustrating to find oneself without broadband these days. We have come to rely on it. I rely on it for working from home.

But the fact is that no mass-market consumer service can ever be 100% reliable. It's like electricty or gas or water. Sometimes things go wrong with the supply of your utilities, depending on where you live this might be more or less frequent. If you want a secure supply of any of these, you have to pay higher prices to get it. Similarly with broadband.

Unlike the traditional utilities, telecoms has become (more or less) an open marketplace in the UK. If you feel that PN are not providing good value for money or an acceptable level of service then vote with your feet. Take your money to one of their competitors.

Every time something like this happens I become a little more concerned but, for now, I am satisfied with the service I receive and I am going to stay.
N/A

Home connection down?

I can accept that the service goes down. In fact thats not the problem. I'm angry because I was left on hold for an HOUR.

If there was a problem with my ultilities be it gas, water, phone, I do not expect to kept on hold for an hour before someone told me that they have encountered a problem.

Would you be happy left on the phone for an hour with no one answering your call? Not knowing when or what has happened? All I needed was some reassurance and instead I ended with more aggro.

Thats the apology I want. I have no qualms with plusnet service. I have read the other forums about how the BB the provide is getting increasingly dire, the friend that reccomended me to PN has left yet I still I think I'll stick it out. But that level of customer service is appalling. Thats what's unacceptable.
Mand
Grafter

Home connection down?

Hi

I would like to apologise for the current issues contacting support. This is something we are working on as a priority.

A 1 hour wait on the phones is not acceptable, however it will take time for our changes to take effect and for the customer experience to improve as a result.
N/A

Home connection down?

How much time should your customers give you Mand? PN have been spouting this nonsense about the reshuffle in the CS dept, but as far as the customer can see it is all just pie in the sky. In the last few weeks all PN has done is implement changes that make it more difficult for customers to get help, nothing they have done has made it either any quicker or easier. I left a month ago, but as I was still 2 months inside my year i had to buy out the remainder, yet I have had the services that I paid for ceased, now it was my choice to move my BB provider, but as far as I can see PN should still be providing me with the other bits like the webspace and FTP etc - but they are not - take take take is all PN do. In the last year PN have taken a complete dive and I feel sorry for the people who are customer facing and have to put up with the mistakes made by senior managers who should be looking for alternative employment.
Mand
Grafter

Home connection down?

Hi

Personally I think we all realised that something had to change, over the last couple of months we could see from the forums and the ticket pools that customer support was not good enough.

The decision was made to make a lot of changes, the ones we can discuss were detailed in Service Status a couple of weeks ago. I believe, as does everyone else I have discussed this with, that these changes, along with a distinct change of focus back to the customers requirements, will resolve the issues which have been prevalent for the last few months.

As my nan always used to say, the proof is in the pudding. In two or three months these boards should be a different place, and I think we will be closer to the high standard of support we used to be known for. I can sit here all day telling you what we want to do and what we have done. But it won't mean much until calls and tickets are answered promptly, and there are no threads on this, or any other, board saying how rubbish our CS is. Then we will know we have succeeded.

From the companys point of view it's about returning to the business model, it's worked for years after all.

From a personal point of view it's about all of us being the best support staff around, and our customers thinking the same. Smiley
N/A

Home connection down?

Thank you for your apology.

Its just extremely fustrating when you just dont know whats going on.

Its the first time I've ever complained maybe I was a bit harsh but you can see where I'm coming from. There's no point being re-directed to the net (as I heard countless of times on the recorded message) if I thats the thing I cant access. I think that was what infuriated me even more, so maybe changing it is a good idea? I think other people pointed that out as well.

I am going to stick it out for your changes but I hope I dont need to ring your customer service line again. I'm not sure if I can take it...

Apart from what happened yesterday I havent got anything to complain about PN as a isp.
N/A

Suggestion

Hello,

I think everyone is right in a certain extend. Am I frustrated? Yes, connectivity problems now since two weeks. and last 30hrs I had about 20min of connectivity in total. Should I change to another supplier as was stated and pay more for a secure line... I pay 21.99 per month, I think that is a decent price looking EU Telecoms wide.

However, in the short term, whilst PN is hopefully working hard to make this all a better world in 2-3 months time, I think you can make some quick wins in the next 24 hrs.

1. Adjust the messages on your support line. As said, reffering to the web makes sense....if you are in a business where you are not depended on that internet connection line. Most people calls in my view here are about connectivity problems. Saves us all time and frustration.
2. Stating that you are expiriencing a large number of calls,.....change that approach. If you have a queue of more than 10 people in a for a certain type of problem, let the message state: there are more than 10 people weighting, please leave a name and contact number and we will target to call you back within 4 working hours.
3. Have a dedicated resource that answers promptly / checks how long question/tickets have been outstanding on the web. Your backoffice should easily support a simple report like that.... filter on Created date....

All this in my view, can implemented in 2-3 working days. Customer Service is not just about how fast you can repair something, it is as much as providing confidence that you are able to do it and do it professionally. So statements like: "Have you tried it with: another microfilter, modem, router, pc......" Is in my view irrelevant. Why? For those people that would have one lying around, they would have already tried such a thing. Other people will not have one and will not buy one for that purpose.

Hope this helps....

Marc
N/A

Home connection down?

I'm back on-line again. Thanks.

What a coincidence - I'm currently working on a C++ system to use SNMP to monitor and control remote devices. I imagine PN's network monitors must have been lit up like a Xmas tree last night with SNMP alerts ...

Hope everyone else is doing OK.