cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home connection down?

N/A

Home connection down?

Specifically the PPP - we've tried a full router reset. Is this part of these e-mail fixes or is it a cunning 'lets drive them randomly insane' ploy by plusnet?

I ask as my GF is disabled and the internet is pretty much her lifeline.
50 REPLIES
N/A

hmm

i also just had lcp issues...but that might been local to me...

i left my router unplugged for 30 mins to allow dslam to reset.

you could try leave the router unplug from socket for 30 mins to allow the dslam to clear down.
Highlighted
N/A

Re: Home connection down?

Specifically the PPP - we've tried a full router reset. Is this part of these e-mail fixes or is it a cunning 'lets drive them randomly insane' ploy by plusnet?

I ask as my GF is disabled and the internet is pretty much her lifeline.

My own home broadband connection which I need for work is also down but I can't seem to find a way into the support pages to raise a Fault Report. I'm in the London SW17 area.

Right now, I'm piggy-backing of a neighbour's unsecured wireless router to send this, but signal is not totally reliable ...
N/A

Home connection down?

Same here. I'm on Bermondsey exchange. Sad Have raised a ticket .. er .. "question".

Hope I haven't been LLUed... :shock:
churtonst31
Grafter

Home connection down?

Hmm... I lost all connectivity at some point in the early hours of this morning I live in SW11 (Battersea). I think we are all too far apart to be affected by a common issue - but I'm not 100% sure. I know that I am on LLU.
N/A

Home connection down?

Same here. I'm on Bermondsey exchange. Sad Have raised a ticket .. er .. "question".

You probably have... I'm on the Bermondsey exchange too and I have been told I am on a LLU service about two weeks ago or so. My connection has been down for about 45 days though.

More precisely, I was disconnected after less than a minute of surfing. I have been told that some router upgrade would take place early this morning and that this could sort out the connection. Unfortunately it has made it worse, I can't even login now..

here's the blurb I received in my question about two days ago:

Please see the following announcement which is also available on the Service Status section of our website.

"ERX Maintenance - Friday 14th July - 4:00am - 6:00am
Service Affected: - ADSL Dial

Maintenance Window: - Friday 14th July - 4:00am - 6:00am

Detailed description of work to be performed: - We are upgrading the code on one of our ERX routers. This upgrade will fix a number of known bugs and will assist with investigations into other possible issues.

Expected Customer Impact: - Approximately 14,000 customers will be disconnected during the maintenance window. Customers will be able to reconnect immediately, however we may need to do some load balancing work which will cause further disconnections."

Please retest the service following completion of this maintenance work and let us know if you experience any further problems.

Obviouly, I am still awaiting a reply. If you go to the said status pages, you will see that the router things were being done for parts of London. So maybe they screwed up for the whole capital?

M.
JonathanW
Grafter

Home connection down?

We are currently investigating some problems with ADSL authentication, and a service status update has been made advising that we are aware of this.

As for the router upgrades carried out this morning, they were on routers that are located in London but serve the whole of the country.
N/A

Home connection down?

Thanks for the precision.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of the preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Home connection down?

Cheers... any idea of how long this will take? Hours? days?
N/A

Home connection down?

With the current state of play users will not be happy if the maintenance carried out this morning is to blame for the problems.

ERX Maintenance - Friday 14th July - 4:00am - 6:00am
Service Affected: - ADSL Dial

Maintenance Window: - Friday 14th July - 4:00am - 6:00am

Detailed description of work to be performed: - We are upgrading the code on one of our ERX routers. This upgrade will fix a number of known bugs and will assist with investigations into other possible issues.

Expected Customer Impact: - Approximately 14,000 customers will be disconnected during the maintenance window. Customers will be able to reconnect immediately, however we may need to do some load balancing work which will cause further disconnections.
N/A

Home connection down?

You probably have... I'm on the Bermondsey exchange too and I have been told I am on a LLU service about two weeks ago or so.

Is there any way to tell if I am on LLU or not? I know I would/should have received an e-mail already but from what I have read it seems some ppl have been switched without notication... :?:
N/A

Home connection down?

You probably have... I'm on the Bermondsey exchange too and I have been told I am on a LLU service about two weeks ago or so.

Is there any way to tell if I am on LLU or not? I know I would/should have received an e-mail already but from what I have read it seems some ppl have been switched without notication... :?:

I found out through the forums, not through asking a question/ticket. Here's what happened:

I thought I had been "upgraded" to MAXdsl due to the problems I was experiencing, then found a thread were users were beeing asked to be regraded on an individual basis so I did the same, only to be told that I was on an LLU service. I did not receive any notification e-mail, I only found out a posteriori.

Since then I asked to be moved out of LLU, that particular question is still unanwered after a week...and now this authetication thing, oh well...

Re you particular situation (are you on LLU or not?), it's sad to say but unfortunately true: hang around here, ask questions in the forum, etc. Answers will come more quickly than through the normal "questions" channel.

Good luck and welcome to the club.

M.
N/A

No Connection either in Surrey

Hello,

I am on the Walton Exchange in Surrey and no connectivity here either....Already had connection dropping problems since last two weeks. Last night, everything was fine, this morning everything gone. So far I have raised 2 questions / tickets online...no replies. Tried the phone lines, but my dect phone runs out of batteries after being 30min online...and still not getting through to support.

As well very frustrating to hear that they tell you continously to go online and do stuff on the web. In general not many neighbours anymore who have unsecured wireless to piggy back on.
N/A

Home connection down?

My connection is down too, has been all day. Sort it out ffs.
churtonst31
Grafter

Home connection down?

Well, Hallelujah! It's taken all day, but finally someone has joined the dots and worked out there may be slightly more widespread issues here!

One of the problems about using an automated system for customers to submit faults is that you don't have the benefit of human intelligence being able to make (fuzzy) connections between things and spot patterns.

Sort it out PN!

(Please Sad )