cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Terms on the Home Phone service

N/A

A few days ago I signed up for the home phone, as it seemed to cover what I needed. I even read all the T's amd C's thouroughly before committing (took me so long that the session timed out and I had to start the process again).

Nowhere on the T's and C's did it state a limit to the length of call when using your free minutes.

Now, just because I've been reading the PlusNet forums :shock: , I find that there are limits on the length of call you can make free before you get charged for it. :x

No, I'm not talking about the 1000 mins cap (on a supposedly unlimited service), I'm talking about this;
http://www.f9.co.uk/support/phonecalls/homephone/billing.shtml#11

If again you can't see it, under the title of 'chargeable calls' half way through it mentions that the FREE calls can only last for 60mins in the UK, or 30mins overseas.

F9, why can't you be upfront about these things and not hide them, both outside of the T's and C's and also hidden under another subject??

I only make one call a month overseas, but it's always an hour, and as it's so infrequent I don't intend to split it into 2 calls and keep an eye on my watch all the time.
(If I stay on the one call for 60mins, my FREE? call is going to cost me more than double my existing PAID for provider Evil )

What have I done with my sign-up? Cancelled it under the 20 days cooling off allowed within law (but I've had no reply from F9 that they've noted it yet, so they better not mess it up otherwise I'll be moving my broadband as well, which I alsmost did a short while ago...)
3 REPLIES
Daveodeth
Grafter

if they were upfront, how would they pull in the suckers. :twisted:
N/A

Unfortunately "Spin" is the name of the game these days. If it wasn't, how do you think Labour got in at the last election? (Lights touch paper and retires to a safe distance!!!).
N/A

If they cannot run the internet side of things did that not tell you NOT to sign up your home phone?

At present and since April my download speeds have been so slow, even their MD could not get the problem sorted. I live a cross the road from my BT exchange I have never got over 4mg. I have asked 16 times for a home visit by a BT broadband supervisor, I never heard back from F9 and they kept closing the ticket

SO I WOULD NEVER SIGN UP MY HOME PHONE and nobody else should YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED