cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi can someone at plusnet tell me when i will be upgraded??

N/A

Hi can someone at plusnet tell me when i will be upgraded to a higher speed as i am on 2.2 but my line can recieve up to 5mb??

thnx
12 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Unfortunately we have no idea when any individual will be regraded, we are trying to get them done as quickly as we can but there are limits on how many BT can process each week. Have you put a queue jump request in at

http://trials.plus.net
N/A

What the heck is the point of doing that as you change the criteria everytime the wind blows, first its oldest first, then 8,4, first followed by payg now you seem to have dumped the payg in favour of who whinges the loudest. MAKE A RULE AND STICK TO IT and post it somewhere as a sticky so we don't have to trawl through the forum posts looking for a 2 line response from someone whos going to get overruled tomorrow Evil
N/A

Exactly.
I can't find a clear answer anywhere.
I was on the verge of leaving when i got the emal about my free upgrade so i thought "what the heck" and waited.
and waited.....
still waiting and i'd like a tmeframe!
JonathanW
Grafter

Other than a few changes, that were inevitable when there are so many factors involved, we've stuck pretty much to the same plan. Though it isn't possible to give exact dates as to when upgrades will take place, due to the way things are being done.

Up first were the 4bm and 8mb accounts, those people who have been paying for the speeds for a while. Then there were a few changes before the other accounts started being upgraded, but we then started the queue jump process and upgrading PayG customers at the same time. The queue jumpers have been placed on a reserve list and BT will upgrade them if there is space in the queues if not all ISPs take advantage of their allocated quota.
N/A

aallum,

As far as im aware Plusnet have stuck to the latest plan. Whats been happening though is that other ISP's such as AOL, ZEN etc etc havent been using their allotted slots and so the benefits are shared out among those ISP's that have used their slots and could make use of more.

So whats happening is ( figures are pure idle chat and dont represent nothing BT have given Plusnet )

Say Plusnet have 900 Slots per day. 900 PAYG are then submitted. Then BT have say15000 slots unused by other ISP's and there are 15 ISP's remaining that have used all their slots, this then gets shared out between them ( for example ) 1000 extra slots to each of those 15 ISP's.

What Plusnet do then is submit 1000 of the queue jumpers andsome more PAYG accounts ( or something along these lines ).

This is how I have understood the process to work and it would appear its pretty much staying like that.

If I am wrong I am sure Dave, Mand or Jon will correct me Wink

Regards,
N/A

Okie doke, thanks for explaining it to me!
I was really just fishing, kinda had a feeling that basically no-one really knows.
Like what exactly is scampi?
I say crustacean, my mate says scampi fish.
I could just google it but i like the mystery.
Thanks again.
dannykos
Grafter

it does seem like the majority of people upgraded recently were q-jumpers, rather than PAYG though...?

can't be bothered to do a poll :roll:
N/A

I placed a queue jump request on 23rd April.
Just looked at my router status (after a restart) and lo it reports 7264 Kbps and 448 Kbps up.
I thought thay would send me a email letting me know, maybe BT felt sorry for me.
Community Veteran

The PN system that detects when an order has been placed on the BT system is broken so it can't tell the system sending out the emails to actually send them out when the order is placed.
N/A

aallum,

As far as im aware Plusnet have stuck to the latest plan. Whats been happening though is that other ISP's such as AOL, ZEN etc etc havent been using their allotted slots and so the benefits are shared out among those ISP's that have used their slots and could make use of more.

So whats happening is ( figures are pure idle chat and dont represent nothing BT have given Plusnet )

Say Plusnet have 900 Slots per day. 900 PAYG are then submitted. Then BT have say15000 slots unused by other ISP's and there are 15 ISP's remaining that have used all their slots, this then gets shared out between them ( for example ) 1000 extra slots to each of those 15 ISP's.

What Plusnet do then is submit 1000 of the queue jumpers andsome more PAYG accounts ( or something along these lines ).

This is how I have understood the process to work and it would appear its pretty much staying like that.

If I am wrong I am sure Dave, Mand or Jon will correct me Wink

Regards,

which is precisely what we were told 10 days ago WOULD NOT happen, it was supposed to be PAYG which would take about a month THEN q jump. And before that we were told in order of billing date. And before that we were told in would be in order of joining P/N

I am hanging on in the probably vain hope that a speed upgrade may fix the lag and lost packet issues with gaming, but I'm really not sure I can be bothered to wait anymore. Tiscalli have fitted LLU in my exchange (and no plusnet couldn't be bothered to tell me that either, I heard from a friend who they did tell) so I may just sign up with them as very poor service from tiscalli is better than none from PN

To be honest I would have left months ago, because of the gaming issues and lack of communication, but It's such a hastle changing e-mail addresses everywhere.
N/A

Woo Hooo!
So.

Basically......

No one knows what's going on.
Just like scampi
Community Veteran

I'm on PAYG and have no idea now when I'll be upgraded. I'm on the 'new product' but that's as far as it goes - no 8Mbs, or probably a bit less than that, yet. Were the PAYG upgrades going to be done in date order of joining PlusNet? I joined at the end of 2003, not long after my local exchange was enabled for ADSL (my previous ISP didn't support broadband for Macs but goodness only knows why), so where do I stand in the queue? At least I've now got a shiny new router on which I 'm able to get my PlusTalk free VoIP minutes at last, so that's a bit of progress!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls