cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi First and last post on the plusnet forum!!

N/A

Just left 3 years of miserable tiscali customer support (yeah I know! staying power or what!) and decided to break away for a 30 day plusnet free trial (up to 8meg plus product) and good heavens i didnt think I could find a service worse than tiscali!!!!!!!!!! constant disconnections - connection speed all over the place - uncontactable support - wow im impressed!! anyhow mac key requested today so hello and goodbye!!!! Wink
11 REPLIES
daftcars
Grafter

And I thought I was impatient! Give them a chance! :lol:
Are you sure Plusnet are to blame?
N/A

well put it like this - at least tiscali gave a constant (but slow) connection (and somebody answered the phone) but this bunch! nothing!! apart from random ticket replies that ask you to perform loads of random tests (which are mainly obvious) Basically it's not what i'd expect from a quality isp
daftcars
Grafter

Well, after a month I expected better aswell, but I have suffered at the hands of Tiscali and Fairadsl, so I'm prepared to give Plusnet a chance. I had a dial up with Plusnet a while back and was impressed then.
N/A

So how long have you been connected? Are you past the 10-14 day training period where BT's (not Plusnet's) equipment at the exchange finds your fastest stable rate?

Have you read the FAQ regarding Max DSL? I'm not being funny or anything, but there is a large amount of people who still don't know that there will be disconnections during the firt 10-14days. Mostly they wrongly blame Plusnet.
N/A

I get where your coming from - but i can only go from current experience and it's taken me 7 times to re-connect to reply to this post - a problem ive never experienced before so I reckon it's time to test the market
N/A

Max DSL is pushing the ADSL 1 spec to the limit and BT are still have their fair share of problems sorting out the problems with finding the stable rate of your line.

What are you syncing at? Have you tried a different ADSL filter? Unfortunately there are a whole host of reason why you might be disconnecting, but disconnects where you lose sync with the exchange are not normally the ISP. What router/modem do you have? is there a firmware/driver upgrade for it?

Have a read of this if you can stay connected long enough

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45394

If you moved to another provider on Masdsl you would likely experience exactly the same problems.
N/A

My hardware is up todate - as for sync rate pick a number! unfortunately i aint to patient a customer ! either provide what you advertise (infratructure problems or not) or not at all - I certainly wouldnt run a business advertising a service I can't guarentee i can supply.
RfC2k7
Dabbler

Im also on my 30 day trial, but ive had no problems with plusnet, max dsl works fine for me, between 5 and 7mb almost all the time, even with a crappy speedtouch 330 usb modem.

Maybe you should give them some time, I had teething problems the first ten days of MAX where my connection wouldnt go above 2mb but after 10 days it went up and has been stable ever since and I havent lost connection once since then.
N/A

@nodger Looks as if most ISPs are advertising products supplied by BT Wholesale and no ISP can guarantee that a particular connection will be reliable.

Here's a recent speed test which looks OK, and for the most part I have few problems, but every "now and then" my router's relay clicks a number of times, when it is trying to get back into sync, takes from 5 goes up... If it goes past about 10 I switch the thing off for a few minutes (tried a different router, will try two more this weekend if I have time/inclination!)

I know this isn't as bad as you are getting but it is irritating when I'm part way through a 150 MB download... Not sure whether switching ISP is going to do a lot if it was down to the line, and it is just bad luck that you've been using PN at a low point in their support capabilities. Anyway, good luck.
aeroalfie
Grafter

nodger:

As has already been pointed out - your problems are more than likely down to BT and not plusnet.

I presume you moved to max DSL when you signed with plusnet - in which case the disconnections are on the most quite normal (although annoying) as it is part of BT training period to get the best speed for your line.

All I can say is before max DSL my connection was rock solid - after max DSL training period my connection again is rock solid but if you have decided plusnet is not for you, then it’s not for you.
N/A

Nodger: good luck with obtaining a MAC, if they have transferred you over to LLU like me, then you have have been left high & dry. If so your only option would be to request a cease & disconnect, then ask PlusNet to pay as they placed you in that situation.