Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again - no connection.

N/A

Sad

Hi,

I am on the Edmonton North London exchange and have had the same problems of no connection today. I was also without service from 05/06/2006 to 01/07/2006 after prodding via my online fault ticket it emerged I had been moved to LLU without my knowledge. I was given the usual standard connection checks to do but to no avail.

My sister is on the same exchange but her ISP is Tiscali themselves. She has never had a problem at all, during the 18 months she has been with them!! But nice to see tiscali keeping their own retail customers sweet

I chose plusnet due to the apparant "quality of service" but it's just bad service like elsewhere. The whole LLU thing has not been properly thought out or properly managed.

It's been done to generate more profit - no bad thing but with lousy quality like this (read the posts from other disgruntled customers) they are going to lose customers in a big way.

They also tell me I am not eligable for a rental rebate after migrating me to a 3rd rate LLU service which was not fit for the purpose, leaving me without a connection for over 3 weeks, without even telling me. I have been variously told that thet cannot guarantee a service and don't have a service level agreement with me. But the point is that the problems occured after plusnet chose to migrate their custoners to a LLU service, which was clearly not fit for the purpose.

I am considering NTL /Telewest - £14.99 for a basic no frills unlimited connection and no connection charges. You don't need to take any other services from them.

If you have a cable rvice in your area it's worth a go because you won't get "it's bt's fault or our service provider is looking into the issue" each time.
17 REPLIES
nairobi
Grafter

Re: Here we go again - no connection.

If you have a cable rvice in your area it's worth a go because you won't get "it's bt's fault or our service provider is looking into the issue" each time.

If you think PN are bad, you'll be truly horrified with NTL. Trust me.
N/A

If you think PN are bad, you'll be truly horrified with NTL. Trust me.

I have a telewest blueyonder connection at my other property. Have never had a problem to date it's been 100% reliable.

I tried adsl for this property because I believed it would be as good, particularly from a supposed "quality" provider like plusnet. My other option was metronet but they have been sold down the swanee and become part of plusnet.
How the hell will we all get on the fast lane of the "superhighway" with such appalling service from ISP's like plusnet.

Onelife
N/A

How the hell will we all get on the fast lane of the "superhighway" with such appalling service from ISP's like plusnet.

Still stuck on the hard shoulder thumbing a lift........
N/A

This company is a shambles!

thats all that can be said
Community Veteran

I can think of quite a few other words to describe them but I suspect the swear filter will get too hot. Tongue

What was an excellent servce and company has cetainly gone to the dogs in the past few months with so many network and server / service problems. We have yet to see what the real affects of LLU and the phone packages on the who service yet so things could get a lot worse.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I honestly cannot see PlusNet surviving for much longer. The whole service has gone to the dogs and with all the other options available out there people will vote with their feet just as the share holders are doing. There is some in top managment who need the order of the boot to turn thing around
N/A

Peter,

Im amazed your still here if you feel like that. Or is it because of the LLU situation and that you believe Plusnet will truly get back on form ?
Community Veteran

I have not actually been affected that much by all the problems. My line originally only supported 1Mbs so my expectations of Max were not that high in getting a much faster line. While Max was a little unstable, I never had any connection problems and even with the problems I never went below my original 1Mbs speeds. The move to LLU had up until yesterday been without problems and I was getting higher speeds than on Max. I was also never affected by the email issues.

I know PN are working towards getting back on track but a lot of the issues have been out of their control due to the bad Max service that BT supply. I think any support organisation would suffer if the fault rate suddenly increased from a low figure to a very high figure in a short period of time.

My comments were based on the general feeling on the boards rather that due to specific problems I have been seeing hence why I still remain with PN. For me, they still represent good value for money and so far I have had a reliable service from them that meets my current needs.
ceridwen
Grafter

Re: Here we go again - no connection.

They also tell me I am not eligable for a rental rebate after migrating me to a 3rd rate LLU service which was not fit for the purpose, leaving me without a connection for over 3 weeks, without even telling me. I have been variously told that thet cannot guarantee a service and don't have a service level agreement with me. But the point is that the problems occured after plusnet chose to migrate their custoners to a LLU service, which was clearly not fit for the purpose.

The lack of a guarantee and service level agreement is to protect PN from additional costs incurred due to a network failure - i.e. they aren't liable if you lose a multi-million pound deal due to a failure, or lose an ebay auction etc.

It does not however give them a mandate to charge for not providing a service - I suggest that you speak with trading standards as after three weeks downtime you should be entitled to a refund.

Matthew
N/A

I am considering contacting trading standrds and BBC watchdog. My whole arguement for a rental rebate is on the basis that they migrated me to a LLU service that was not working at the outset and for 3 consecutive weeks thereafter and is of dubious quality. Not the fact that there was an unforseen fault with my existing IPStream service, which I would accept..

I have also asked to be moved back to IPStream but got a bog standard response that "it is not possible". Does anyone know whether we can be put back on to the IPStream service without additional cost in instances where we are migrated without our knowledge or consent or any form of opt out.

I think plusnet is acting in a very cavalier fashion and deserves any bad publicity it gets for it's total lack of customer satisfaction focus.

They could have chosen to honour my request for a pro-rata rental refund and I would have been singing their praises from the roof tops but instead they have made this an ordeal. Seems they just don't give a damn.

Onelife
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The whole LLU issue just shows the sheer arrogance and incompetence of the company. They started forcing people over before any migration path was in place (although as I understand there is a trial now). Initially they claimed it wasn't feasible to provide an opt-out and they couldn't guarantee me (when I raised a ticket) that I wouldn't be moved over. HELLO? You're the company choosing the users who you intend to move - so you've no way of informing me first, and can't tell me either way?!?!

At least an opt-out was provided (eventually).

Then it was said "Don't worry, there is no migration path. But there will be one soon and we will make sure no-one is financially disadvantaged should they have to pay another activation fee". Well why not wait until one is in place then before moving people over? Answer - because it is not in their business interests to do so (i.e. cost) since they had already signed a deal with Tiscali and committed to a certain number of subscribers.

I would have at least thought they could have implemented the transfer without screwing it up - it seems not. I wondered why Tiscali (never had to deal with them thankfully) has such a bad reputation, but it seems they can't look into a fault in under a month.

I hope the same doesn't happen to me (call me cynical but I don't trust them to honour the opt-out list, especially if it was stored on the e-mail sever - the data probably would have been lost by now). I've not managed to hit the swear filter yet - but if I end up in the same boat I would do - a lot.
N/A

Is it just TISCALI?

It's now 3 weeks since I had a broadband connection... my synch light hasn't even briefly flickered into life during this period.

I'm by no means a broadband expert and after reading some of the posts on here have been cursing the role that TISCALI + PLUSNET have played (are playing) in my misery!

Could someone tell me if TISCALI are the sole LLU providers for Plusnet or have they jumped into bed with Bulldog, Be, Easynet, etc too.

The reason I ask is that I have stumbled across the following page which indicates that TISCALI LLU is not available at my exchange.
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=MRSAL

Could this be the root of my problem? Has my account been transferred to a provider who isn't active at my exchange? If so can it be rectified?

Thanks!
N/A

I am still trying to get a rental refund for the period 5th June 2006 to 1st July 2006 because Plusnet disconnected me from a working IPStream service and did not manage to connect me to a working LLU service till 1st July.
They keep stating it was an unforseen fault hence not eligable for a rebate and I maintain that it is effectively delayed provision of service after they disconnected my service and tried to it migrate to LLU without taking reasonable cre to ensure that they could connect me to a working service.

On 17th July their Dan Dunford came up with this analagoy of broadband compared to Sky's TV service

"This £14.99 a month you are paying includes
any costs incurred for engineers to fix faults on your line, as with services such as Sky, they do not refund the service if you are unable to watch programs due to weather conditions when the 'signal' is interupted."

But the point is that at least sky only charge you rental after a succesful connection. Plusnet customercare training must have cost all of tu'pence!

I have pasted the whole saga below and it still goes on. Plusnet don't believe in customer care no wonder they have to give profit warnings!

Support Wizard Journey]
[Your Feedback]

[Additional Information]
Ask your Question here...

RE : Question topic: Your question | ID: 19548299

Hi,

I am not happy with your response that you will now not gtive a rental rebate. The problem was caused by your move to LLU / MaxDSL.

On 19/06/06 Tony Thompson, in response to my question of 15.06.2006, advised that my request would be looked into once this was resolved. (see below) As far as I am concerned this still stands!!.

This is no way to treat customers!!!. If you are now changing your stance, this means he was not being truthfull, when responding to my question. He should have told me at that point in time that there would be no rental rebate.

For the record, you are well aware that the problems have been caused by your switch to LLU / MaxDSL. That is an issue for yourselves to cover in your service level agreements with your supplier.

You switched me to a service that was not fit for the purpose for a period of of 3 weeks. Therefore, I think you should do the honourable thing and refund my pro-rata rental. I am not asking for anything more.

I can understand that problems arise. But when your employee states in writing that they will look into my request for a rental rebate, and misleading me, then you must honour that.

Indeed other customers appear to have got rental rebates. according to the forums that you host..

Regards

Hitesh Shah
VEry Unhappy Customer.

Your comment 10:16pm, Thursday 15th June 2006
Hi,

Thanks I do appreciate your effort.s. Earlier, on 12.06.2006 you had said my fault appeared after the switch to the LLU system

But now you have advised that I was switched to the LLU system on 08.06.2006. However, I had reported the fault online on 05.05.2006 as I found I could not connect at all from then.

Can I confirm, did the switching process on my exchange start on or before 05.06.2006 and conclude on 08.06.2006.

Also, please confirm you will consider a rental rebate for loss of service over the full period that I am left without service and if the fault can't be fixed also for me to be able to cancel my contract without notice or penalty. Thanks very much.

Regards

Hitesh

Tony Thompson BOT - DSL Logged Faults 2:51pm, Monday 19th June 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
We will look at these issues once the fault is resolved. It is currently in hand.

Regards,
Tony Thompson

Broadband Fault Checker - Initial checks [ Completed ]

All initial checks have been completed without finding any problems. Detailed checks must now be completed. Please ensure that all questions are completed within 48 hours, otherwise this Question will be automatically closed with no fault reported

Your comment 9:10pm, Monday 5th June 2006
Broadband Fault Checker - Detailed checks [ Completed ]

All questions have been completed by the user.

Your comment 9:15pm, Monday 5th June 2006
The customer has provided the following contact details for the duration of the fault.

Daytime telephone number: 02088034085

Evening telephone number: 02088034085

Email address: hitshah1@hotmail.com

Additional contact info: 5.30pm to 6.30pm

Your comment 9:15pm, Monday 5th June 2006
Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ In progress ]

The tests on your broadband connection have now started. Please check this Question in about two hours to see the results of the tests.

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 12:27am, Tuesday 6th June 2006
Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

The Connection checks could not be completed

Test result summary: Inconclusive

We have not been able to complete the checks of your broadband service. This may be the result of a fault in the testing system rather than your service.

We will continue to monitor your fault, please provide more information or further updates on the occurance of your fault. If your fault has not re-occured since our testing, please close the ticket and confirm that you are satisfied that the problem is no longer occuring.

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 12:27am, Tuesday 6th June 2006
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.

Your comment 8:57pm, Tuesday 6th June 2006
Hi,

I got BT to run a line test which came back ok.

All my equipment is functioning ok as it has been tested My 3com router and the voyager 105 modem both work fine on another broadband connection.

Was my service upgraded under the maxadsl scheme. If so when was this please?

Please advise thanks

Hitesh

Jon Cheadle CSC Service Delivery Management 9:43am, Thursday 8th June 2006
Dear Customer,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your query. I will now move your query to the correct team to be actioned. We will complete detailed diagnostics on your line with further updates expected in the next 72 hours.

Regards,
Jon Cheadle

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 10:15am, Sunday 11th June 2006
Is there any progress on this at all? I cannot get through to your helpline number and I can only go on your website using someone else's connection.

Also my question remains unanswered, was my line / connection ,migrated to maxdsl and if so when? as this may be the underlying cause.

Please at least provide a response to that and leave the ticket open for further tests / checks.

Regards

Hitesh
Yet another unhappy customer.

Matthew Buckley CSC Agent 1:36pm, Monday 12th June 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
Your service was recently switched to our alternative LLU network provider. Your fault appeared shoerlt after that completed but not straight away.
Please try logging in with the test login details as follows:

Username: testing@dslconnect.co.uk
Password: testing

Once this has been tried please get back in touch and let us know if it worked so we can get the issue raised for further investigation.

Regards,
Matthew Buckley

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 8:36pm, Monday 12th June 2006
Hi, I cannot now do this till Wednesday. I will try your suggestiion and let you know. Please do not close my ticket in the meantime as it is extremely frustrating having to go through the same thing all over again. Thanks very much.

Hitesh
Still an unhappy customer

Your comment 9:31pm, Tuesday 13th June 2006
Hi tried to connect as suggested below but I cannot connect. I synch with tx of between 3600 & 4200 kps and RX of 428 to 674kps.

Please try logging in with the test login details as follows:

Username: testing@dslconnect.co.uk
Password: testing

These problems never happened at the old 2mbps speed.

Also, my line was disconnected at the exchange last night and I lost all voice calls. When I reported this as a fault to bt retail they said this is likely to have been instigated by the broadband provider.

I got the line reinstated as I need voice service for my disabled mother.

Also, just to clarify I was having slight problems for a while and was last able to use the service satisfactorily on Saturday 03.06.2006.

What day did the LLU move take place exactly ? I need this information as I still believe this is the root cause of the problem.

I have stopped using my router to connect and am only using your supplied voyager modem (although both work fine on other connections) so that all my connection attempts are consistent. with all other phone equipment disconnected and only connecting via the master socket.

I am getting pretty fed up with this. I am eligable for a rental rebate for loss of service ?

Or if you can't fix this can I just cancel my contract without penalty please?

Regards

Hitesh
Another unhappy customer

Matthew Buckley CSC Agent 2:22pm, Thursday 15th June 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
Your fault has now been raised to our wholesale provider. Please allow 48-72 hours for an update.

Just to clarify. We would not have stopped your phone working. I am unsure why you were advised of this by BT. You were switched to the LLU system on 08 June.

Regards,
Matthew Buckley

INTERNAL

UKHD00000321478

Your comment 10:16pm, Thursday 15th June 2006
Hi,

Thanks I do appreciate your effort.s. Earlier, on 12.06.2006 you had said my fault appeared after the switch to the LLU system

But now you have advised that I was switched to the LLU system on 08.06.2006. However, I had reported the fault online on 05.05.2006 as I found I could not connect at all from then.

Can I confirm, did the switching process on my exchange start on or before 05.06.2006 and conclude on 08.06.2006.

Also, please confirm you will consider a rental rebate for loss of service over the full period that I am left without service and if the fault can't be fixed also for me to be able to cancel my contract without notice or penalty. Thanks very much.

Regards

Hitesh

Tony Thompson BOT - DSL Logged Faults 2:51pm, Monday 19th June 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
We will look at these issues once the fault is resolved. It is currently in hand.

Regards,
Tony Thompson

Rob Kelly BOT - DSL Logged Faults 1:45pm, Tuesday 20th June 2006
[Internal] Update from suppliers stating that engineers will be working on the fault this afternoon at the local exchange.

Regards,
Rob Kelly

Your comment 10:22pm, Tuesday 20th June 2006
Hi,

Is there any fix or update on the engineers fault work at the exchange? I am desperate to have a connection.

Also my question as to exactly what date did the LLU switch ttook place remains unanswered.

Otherwise can I cancel your service without penalty and I can get my local cable co to connect to their service this weekend.

Your apparant "faster speeds" are no good without a rock solid reliable connection. I was quite happy with my 2mbps service.

Regards

Hitesh
Unhappy Customer

Your comment 12:06am, Thursday 22nd June 2006
Hi,

I am still waiting for a response to my fault and question and I am now getting fed up. Either you can provide a connection or not!!

Why have I not been moved back to the 2mbps IPstream service as a matter of priority, as the problems have occured after the LLU switch?

I did not ask to be switched to LLU or maxdsl . Plusnet have done this and created the problems. You are effectively unable to provide the service that you contracted to provide at present. I have now given you an opportunity to resolve the problems for 15 days since first reporting it.

Consequently, I would like to give you notice that if you cannot provide a fully working service within the next 48 hours, I will consider our contract invalid and null and void. As your product / service is not fit for the purpose.

Yours

Hitesh Shah

Unhappy Customer

Rob Kelly BOT - DSL Logged Faults 1:26pm, Thursday 22nd June 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
We apologise for the ongoing problems however we are working to address this. The fault report which we escalated is still with the engineers to complete work at the local exchange which is taking longer than expected. We will update you as soon as we have further information.

Regards,
Rob Kelly

Your comment 10:59pm, Thursday 22nd June 2006
Hi,

Thanks for the update which does not give a timescale. But as per my previous response if I have no usable connection / service within 48 hours from yesterday (24 hours from today), I will consider our contract to be null and void and will not be liable for any further charges.

Quiet simply, your product / service is not fit for the purpose . I can't make it any more clearer than this.

Regards

Hitesh Shah
Unhappy Customer

Matt Taylor BOT - DSL Logged Faults 1:19pm, Tuesday 27th June 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
Many apologies for the continued delay, we have requested further information from our suppliers and will advise as soon as this is available.

Regards,
Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor BOT - DSL Logged Faults 1:32pm, Friday 30th June 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
We have checked the progress of your fault with our supplier and at this time it is still being investigated by their diagnostics team. We will continue to check for updates and we will let you know as soon as we have further information.

Regards,
Matt Taylor

Your comment 1:30pm, Saturday 1st July 2006
Hi,

Thanks for this. Please update me on the results of the diagnostics.I am now getting a connection via my router. Although this is slower. I will monitor the speeds and general connection and also update you. Please keep this ticket open until this is resolved.

Also please arrange a rental rebate for the period where I have had no service.

Regards

Hitesh Shah
A slightly Happier Customer.

Tony Thompson BOT - DSL Logged Faults 10:26am, Wednesday 5th July 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
Thanks for letting us know that the fault has been resolved. Should further issues occur, please let us know. Please also monitor the speed issues that you experience.

I'm afraid we are unable to offer a refund for downtime due to broadband not been a guaranteed service.

Regards,
Tony Thompson

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 10:26am, Wednesday 5th July 2006

The broadband fault has now been closed. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker.

Dan Dunford Unused - ADC - Developers 9:33am, Tuesday 11th July 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
Unfortunetly Tony is correct we have no service level agreement with you and therefore when faults occur on your ADSL line we are unable to offer any refund im afraid.

Regards,
Dan Dunford

Your comment 10:45pm, Thursday 13th July 2006
No You have misread my question. You contracted to supply me with a service.
You then chose to change that service without any agreement or opt out option being given to me.

This resulted in a period where the service offered was not fit for the purpose. I am therefore asking for a rental rebate for that period only. I will happily pay for the service after it has been working properly.

To recap, in this instance, I was left without service because you chose to change the actual service. You did not give me the option to to opt out at any point.. There was clear obligation on your part to ensure that the service I was being migrated to was fully functional. This obviously wasn't the case. My contract is with you to provide a broadband service, for which I pay you.

The service level agreement is a matter between you and you supplier, try and re- read my original question above.

Can I please just have my rental rebate for the 3 weeks I was left without service due to a flawed migration. You are losing huge amounts of customer goodwill over this. Forward this to the MD because this is a huge marketing opportunity to be "the ethical and customer friendly broadband company"

Regards

Hitesh Shah

Mike Trevor CSC Agent 7:08am, Sunday 16th July 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
Unfortunately, I'm afraid we are unable to offer a refund for downtime due to broadband not been a guaranteed service. As such you would be required to pay for the service in full for the period that you were unable to use the Internet. I'm sorry if you are unhappy about this but this is simply something that we cannot offer.

Regards,
Mike Trevor

Your comment 9:43pm, Sunday 16th July 2006
But the downtime occured because of your ill pplanned move to LLU not through any unforseen faults occuring in the existing service!!!.

Therefore you migrated me to a non working service, which is effectively the same as not connecting me properly.

I did not want to be migrated. Can you move me back to IPstream please. I know it's possible, as is a refund of rental during the period you did not connect me properly to the LLU service.

I feel sorry for you guys at having to work for such a lousy non caring company. But I am a paying customer who was migrated to a non-working service that's why I'm asking for a pro-rata rental refund and because I did not want to be migrated in the first place and was not even advised of this or given a choice to opt out I would like to be moved back to IPStream.

Thanks very much.

Dale Fixter CSC Agent 3:17pm, Monday 17th July 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
As previously advised, we cannot move customers back to IPStream. Nor do we offer any refunds for downtime, due to upgrades.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Dale Fixter

Your comment 9:37pm, Monday 17th July 2006
Why not? You migrated me to service that was not working at the outset and for 3 subsequent weeks. This was not a case of an unforseen fault on my existing IPStream service. It is the same as having my connection started again at the end of June. So you should refund me for the 3 weeks in between.

Also all customers were told that they could be moved back to IPStream without being financially disadvantaged. You are now contradicting this.

Please escalte this and just give me my refund etc. Thanks

Dan Dunford Unused - ADC - Developers 2:12pm, Tuesday 18th July 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
ADSL broadband services do not come with a SLA
(service level agreement) or SLG (service level guarantee) as none is
provided to us by BT or any other supplier. If you require a
'guaranteed' high-speed connection to the Internet you would probably
require a leased line instead of ADSL broadband. PlusNet do not
currently supply these circuits due to their very high cost - for
example some ISP's charge £2100 for installation and £16936 per year
for a 512 kbit/s service. This £14.99 a month you are paying includes
any costs incurred for engineers to fix faults on your line, as with
services such as Sky, they do not refund the service if you are unable
to watch programs due to weather conditions when the 'signal' is
interupted.

We only move customers back in special cases such as not being able to get you back online, as we have resolved this and you are able to connect you would have to pay £52.88 should you wish to move back to IPStream.

Regards,
Dan Dunford

Your comment 11:05pm, Friday 21st July 2006
Thank you for your response but I reiterate that I am asking for a rental refund between 5th June and 1st July because you migrated me to a service that was not working from the begining. This was not an unforseen fault on the previously working IPStream service. But in reality a delayed connection because of your migration problems.

I contacted my local trading standards office re this an who advise that you are acting illegally on this by effectively charging rental after you disconnected me from a working service and migrated me to a non working service for over 3 weeks. In reality this was a disconnection from a working IPStream service that was instigated by you without my consent and a delayed reconnection to the LLU service because it did not work for 3 weeks after I was disconnected from my original service by you.

You cannot expect people to start paying till their service is working. You chose to migrate me from a working service to what turned out to be a non-working service for over 3 weeks. This was done without my consent and without me being informed.

The analogy with sky's service is incorrect because that would be covered by unforseen problems occuring after connection to a working service.

In this case you chose to migrate me to a service without ensuring that it was working correctly, that element would reasonably be expected to be under your control in conjunction with your supplier.

The service level issue is between you and your supplier, if they could not guarantee a working connection at the point of migration then you cannot expect me to pay for it until it is working as it is not my fault. I did not ask to be migrated you chose to migrate me from a working IPStream service and had duty of care to ensure that I was being migrated to a working LLU service.

But to recap you did not manage to migrate me to a working connection for over 3 weeks that is why I want a rental refund for that period.

My contract was for you to provide a broadband connection, whereby, I as customer would reasonabily expect youto ensure I was being migrated to a working connection. But I cannot accept being made to pay for a migration to a non working service for over 3 weeks. This is the same as delaying a connection for 3 weeks and asking people to pay rental for that period according to my local trading standards office.

I can understand unforseen faults do occur and difficulties do arise that was not the case here. You basically chose to disconnect me from a working IPStream service and reconnected me to a non working LLU service. There was no unforseen fault with the existing working service, the problems arose because your chosen LLU service was not actually working at the point of migration. Yet again I stress this was effectively a delayed reconnection not an unforseen fault!!

I would strongly suggest that you escalate this for higher review as I really have no other option but to ask my trading standards office to take this up in view of their comments about the legality of your stance of charging for what is effectively a delayed connection ( delayed by over 3 weeks!!!!) and will contact BBC watchdog also.

Regards

Hitesh Shah

Dan Dunford Unused - ADC - Developers 6:46pm, Saturday 22nd July 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
Unfortunelty this problem was too unforseen and as such due to a fault at the local exchange, the supplier we choose to provision your connection on is entirely our choice you pay us for the internet service so we are therefore your supplier who we choice as a wholesale supplier is completely at our discretion and we do not need authorisation from customers to perform such actions.

As stated previously because this was due to a fault at the exchange we are unable to offer a refund as we have no Service Level Agreement with you, the customer. Sorry for the inconvience caused but we will not be taking this any further. Thank You.

Regards,
Dan Dunford

Your comment 10:34pm, Tuesday 25th July 2006
This is nonsense because a) I was not given a choice to opt out of the LLU move despite the fact that you had published that customers would be given the choice.

b) By your own admission there was a fault with the service that you connected me to after I was disconnected from a working IPStream service. Therefore your were unavble to connect me so you should only charge from the point you provided a working connection on 1st July. Any faults
or service issues thereafter are another issue.

You are acting illegally here, as this is effectively a provision of service issue not something due to an unforseen fault after provision of service. I would again strongly suggest that you escalate this up your management chain as I do intend to take this further.

Also please don't keep telling me that I don't have an SLA with you. The fact of the matter is I pay you for a service, irrespective of this. You then chose to deliberately disconnect me from my existing (working ) service and connected me to a non working LLU service, without giving me the option of an opt out despite the fact all customers were told this would be the case. Even if I were to accept this (which I don't), I still have every right to be charged only from the time you connected me to a working service.

You are now trying to cover up by saying that there was an "unforseen fault at the exchange" but by your own admission this fault was not on my existing working IPStream service. But on the the LLU service that you connected me to afterwards so you are basically confirming that you did not connect me to a working service, hence this is a provision of service issue!!!

I am amazed that you don't even appear to care that trading standards are advising that this your stance is illegal. I am only interested in my account and just want to get this resolved amicably by you doing the right thing.. But If this results in bad publicity for you and throws up lots more claims then it will be your own fault.

Regards

Hitesh Shah

Gavin Cox CSC Agent 10:43pm, Wednesday 26th July 2006
Dear Mr Shah,
As per Question: 19835768, your invoice date has now been moved forward to compensate you for the downtime.

Please accept my apologies for the length of time this has taken to be resolved.

Regards,
Gavin Cox

Your comment 11:04pm, Thursday 3rd August 2006
Hi Gavin,

You have given me only 4 days extra rental to compensate me for a seperate fault. You have not dealt with this particular issue of me being without service for over 3 weeks from 5th June to the 1st of July. Where is my rental refund for that period?

Can you please read the whole thread of this question and sort this out!! I cannot accept any of the previous arguements you have put forward. I repeat you disconnected me from my working IPStream service to me move me to the LLU service but did not then connect me to a working service till the 1st of July so I would like a rental refund for this period i.e 3 weeks. I would again ask you to escalate this matter for review. This is a provision of service issue whereby you are charging me for a service that you did not provide till the 1st of July.

I am getting fedup with this does nobody at plusnet care or bother to deal with issues properly?

Regards

Hitesh Shah
N/A

I would challenge the statement below by a PN employee as customers are being moved to a connection that will require them to pay more money to move away from than their previous connection. Therefore it should be the customer decision and not a PN decision. BT would never be allowed to do this by OFCOM as it will be classed as restrictive practises, so why should other ISP's get away with it?

the supplier we choose to provision your connection on is entirely our choice you pay us for the internet service so we are therefore your supplier who we choice as a wholesale supplier is completely at our discretion and we do not need authorisation from customers to perform such actions.