Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here comes the Community Site

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Please use this thread to discuss this announcement
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
35 REPLIES
spinecho
Grafter

Hi there

Can I suggest that a link to the community site is placed on the member centre bar at the top of the page - maybe in place of the forums link. A link back to the old forums could be added to the community site.

Francis
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

This is definitely something we are looking to do, making the transition between the forums as easy as possible is a very important step.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Monday 30th July is confirmed as the official launch date for the Community Site...

Finally the 'beta' tag is ready to be cast off and customers of PlusNet, Force9, Free-Online and Metronet will be able to register for their community site access through the portal. Don't worry if you've already registered here however; we'll be sending you an email soon and none of your contributions will be lost.

We've produced a detailed FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) which explains why the community site is being launched, what's in it for our customers, and what further developments we are planning for the community site.

To mark the occasion we will be launching a forum photo competition (rules apply), with a fantastic digital camera to be won for 1st prize. You'll be able to find out more about the competition very soon. We're also planning a community site launch party once the holiday season is over and everyone has a little more spare time. Again, we will have more details about this shortly.

We'd like to welcome everyone to the community site proper. We are really looking forward to developing the site in conjunction with all of our customers who make up this very special community.

Chris
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

You'll notice there is a link in the header bar now too.

See y'all over there.....
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You can see the link to the Community Site here
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Nobody likes a show-off Tongue
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I had it ready and was going to post it in here anyway, but you beat me to it Sad
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

We've produced a detailed FEQ (Frequently Expected Questions) which explains why the community site is being launched, what's in it for our customers, and what further developments we are planning for the community site.
Chris
This is a really good start the link, which used to work, now gets

Uh oh!

Sorry, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please use the search form to find what you're looking for.
The link should be FAQ
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The link was literally changed 2 minutes ago Cheesy, I was on my way in here to edit the link.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

I think you're exaggerating Chris - I can't type that fast Cheesy
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The timestamp on the new link to the FAQ is:-
Existing timestamp: July 30, 2007 @ 13:49

So 2 minutes before you posted Cheesy
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

That's impressive - my typing speeds must be getting better - :lol:
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just so everyone is aware:-

On the 1st August we plan to be make the old forums read only, which will mean no new posts will be accepted and people wishing to post will be directed to the community site.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
flyer99
Grafter

unable to access

So we are off to a good start already!
I have found it impossible to register on the new forum Sad
No matter what I enter as a username, and I have try'd just random characters, I always get
Sorry, your account registration failed - Email Address In Use

What email address, I am entering a username

Regards
Nick