cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

N/A

Help

Hi support my adsl is up and working and very very cool - thats a compliment as we nearly parted ways, but your professionalism and dedication to customer service has paid off, we now have 2 accounts and have recommended 2 people who r about to sign up with you.
Thanx

Also i need some help :-)

we now have 2 adsl accounts, one on a windows xp machine and one on a win98 machine, i need to create a door between the two machines so i can communicate and transfer and work on programs from home to the machine at work, what is the best way of doing this, can you pls or any of the people on this forum point me in the right direction.

A packet of chocolate biccies (not quite gone off) are up for grabs

Regards Ged Hopwood
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Help

Hi Ged Smiley

Im glad you are still with us.

Now looking at your requirements it seems that you would need more than an FTP server....

I would imagine something like PCanywhere would do everything you need.... remote control... chat and file transfer - All in one.

I can't think of anything more at this time... If you see this before midnight, give me a call and will try assist you abit more Smiley

Regards,

Matt

--
| Matt Martin.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Business Support.........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.................http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
N/A

I believe that you can set the PC's up to use VPN (virtual private networking). Look this up under you network settings. This way you can then act as though the 2 PC's are connected on a LAN.
N/A

> I believe that you can set the PC's up to use VPN (virtual private networking). Look this up under you network settings. This way you can then act as though the 2 PC's are connected on a LAN.

Hi there,

Though the easiest thing to do is probably set up FTP and VNC on both machines. I can't think of a free FTP server off the top of my head although from personal experience Bulletproof FTP (www.bpftpserver.com) is good. You can get a good version of VNC that does compression to maximise bandwidth efficiency called TightVNC (from www.tightvnc.com) - it's free.

We can't endorse or recommend third-party products but I have used them and do use them personally - feel free to drop me a mail at mgrice@plus.net.uk if you have any trouble.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------