Did you mean: 

Help with usage figures

N/A

Help with usage figures

I am missing something obvious I am sure but,
my premier billing period is from the 11.01.06
my usage figures for today 8-4 89.19mb 4-midnight 6.48mb
total for the month according to bar runing along for this months usage 9.15GB
so does the monthly usage run from billing date to billing date or calender month 1st to 1st , even if the later were the case it would appear I have used more in the last 10days than in any month previously most odd
Regards
Doug
4 REPLIES
N/A

Help with usage figures

I was really confused on this too so I raised a ticket. The usage should run from billing date. seems they have updated there info about sup as I was sent the link below which explains there sup a lot better.

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml
N/A

Help with usage figures

many thanks of the link
Presumably I will need to raise a ticket (another new experience)
as that would indicate my current 96Mb of use is being registered as 9.15GB Is this just happening with my acount or is anybody else finding theirs odd?
Regards
Doug
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Help with usage figures

Hi Doug,

If you've just been billed today then I would have thought that VMBU hasn't been completely reset yet.

What happens on your billing date is that the payment is processed and the system sends you a confirmation email. The daily figures are then reset, and then a few hours later the monthly data is reset.

If you look at the previous months' summary it should still show Nov-Dec as the last month. When the reset script catches up with your account it'll show correctly. Once it's done it'll add a closed ticket on the account saying "Bandwidth usage has been reset".
N/A

Help with usage figures

Thanks Dave,

I make the mistake sometimes of thinking all automated devices on the net are instantanious, New Years Resolution, I will be more patient.
Regards
Doug