Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a Broadband modem

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Help

I need to change the settings on a broadband wireless router but I have lost the instructions. Can anyone tell me what to do ? It is a :

3com 3CRWDR100A-72 Office connect ADSL wireless 11g firewall router.

Before I reset everything to the factory default settings, I want to be sure that I know how to set it up again ? I understand the principles and presumable I access it with http://192.168.1.1. but then what ? Does anyone know for instance the default user ID and default password ?

Many thanks
3 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The default username and password are usually set to 'admin' for both on these IIRC.

Let me know if this works, if not I'll have a dig around and see what I can find for you.
N/A

Modem

Many thanks for the information.
shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

mandbeckett

Thanks for the answer. I was actually abroad and could not log into the Plusnet portal due to the recent security breach, and so had to get another Plusnet subscriber to do so, and relay your answer to me by email !

Anyway, that is most useful, and I will now try to see if I can get into the router and will let you know - it is not actually for me at all, but for a friend which is why it has not yet been done.