Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with IExporer and Firefox!!

N/A

Hey

I got 2mb premier and im having annoying problems with my web browsing

its really frustrating when Pages seem to randomly not want to load, even though they are perfectly fine sites. Then Pictures don't load and it starts to load very slowly.. i mean when its fine sites fly on the screen but ... thats become a rarity. Is there a reason for this and what can i do about it?? Thanks

P.s ive only had the PlusNet for 2 days and neva had this prob wiv my last ISP ..can it be some config probs?
31 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Webpages

Hi there! Have you tried clearing your history, temp internet files and cookies?

Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox? If its internet explorer i could prob help you!
N/A

Yeh i deleted all files in my history still nothing ... I use both

so if u could help me with IExporer i would be thankful Cheesy
N/A

If youre whole system is slow then you should open task manager and have a look at what your cpu is doing when you load sites. If its maxed out click the processes tab and you should be able to see whats causing the problem and shut it down.

Incidentally I have found the lastest update of firefox to be very unstable on my pc, especially if I have extensions and themes added. Firefox caused my pc to run very slow and often wouldnt initiate properly. I hope they sort it out as I wont go back to IE happily.
N/A

I have the same problem using both IE and Firefox. My PC isn't running slow but after a few mins of being on the web, both browsers stop finding pages. I either have to drop my connection and log back in or reboot to resolve the problem

Is this the same as yours mate?
N/A

Yep exactly the same ... although my computer doesn't really go slow just the browsers. They work fine for a while but after a while they decide to stop working ...

the newest firefox is very unstable and it can't handle mass Tabs which can get annoying ....

Is there anyway to resolve this problem is the browsers?
N/A

Does the connection drop or does it still come up as connected even when you cant access pages?

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling your browser, if youre using a wireless card then go to My Computer, right click, click properties, click device manager, find your card and then update the drivers.

If that still doesnt work then go to System Restore and choose a date prior to when it started happening.
N/A

well there was nothing wrong with my browsers before.. i only got the Broadband 2 days ago ... and there was no prob with my prior connection.

i think updating my drivers is a good idea.. worth a try i guess

thanks ... In case its not the problem is there any other suggestions?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Do you have any ad-blocker or pop-blocker software running?

Do you notice if anything else runs slow? For example, try Outlook Express to see that goes slow checking email.
N/A

Tried reinstalling my browser but this doesn't work. Not on wireless so it can't be that.

Would rather try to find the problem than a system restore, thanks all the same.
N/A

I'm using webmail so can't check that. Mesenger doesn't seem to like it much!!
N/A

I was reading up on it and is there a problem with PlusNets handling of DNS servers? or am i way of ... as i no absoluting nothing about DNS ...

Still need a resolution causs its extremely annoying
N/A

have you tried typing an IP addrss in the browser when it stops working instead of a web address. If its a DNS problem it will find the IP address ok (I believe).

On my fault it cannot find the IP either, so I believe it not to be a dns problem ,although I'm no expert.

Mine seems to be happening every page at the moment, have to disconnect and reconnect every time I refresh
N/A

yeh good point does the same while connecting via IP

Ne1 have a 100% right answer .. ?Huh
N/A

Do you have msn, or an email address mitan. it seems like we both have the same problem, so if one of us gets an answer, we can let the other one know.