cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! why is my sped like this?!

N/A

hi my internet is barely fast enough to search the web at the moment!! speed tests on plusnet are 89.6kbs!!!
and on speedtest.net i got 128kbs!!

i have gone over my peak time download limit, but being reduced down to these speeds doesnt seem right?! is it?

is there anything you at plusnet can do to fix this?

please help because i cant be doing with this speed as i am meant to have 'broadband'
10 REPLIES
N/A

Have you raised a ticket?

Can you post your router stats.
Can you run Bt speedtest and post results
What product are you on and what is your current usage for the month so far.

if you can post these details Im sure we can find out for you. Smiley
Snarf
Grafter

Try rebooting the router then connecting to a different gateway, this usually solves my problem.
N/A

no i havnt raised a ticket as i dont know how.

router stats:

ADSL Speed (DS/US) 7264/448 Kbps

Statistics Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 7264 Kbps 448 Kbps
Noise Margin 4.4 dB 20.0 dB
Line Attenuation 36.0 dB 20.0 dB
Output Power 19.7 dBm 11.9 dBm

it wont let me do a bt speedtest, propbably cos the speed is soooo slow.

im on BB+ ive used about a gig over my limit because i accidently left p2p on in peak time and the uploads used up loads of bandwidth :S

please help!

(i have reset router a few times, still stays at the same speed)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Unless you want to upgrade the only other thing you can do is wait for your billing date when it should reset to give normal speeds
N/A

but my speeds shouldnt be reduced to such a slow speed should they?!

and normally when i am under my limit in peak times i rarely get over 500k when i used to be getting 3.5mbps
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

If you have a look at this thread somewhere near the end the OP was advised by James that he was hitting 6GB at peak times on BB+ which was why he was being heavily managed and his speeds were very low.
Also taken from the details from BB+
If your usage goes over 4GB per month, your service will be heavily restricted until the start of your next billing month when your usage is reset. If you are downloading large files you should do this outside of the busy periods. If you want to download lots of music or video we recommend Broadband PAYG or Broadband Premier.
here
Snarf
Grafter

If you look here you will see that one of the pipes is having a data transfer problem - this may or may not be your issue. I've seen that I've also experienced speed issues on a couple of the other pipes.
Highlighted
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

As you're over your peak time usage allowance then this will be the cause of the slow speeds. The problem on PTE-AG2 and subsequent knock on as people connect to the other gateways won't help any but the main reason will be because of the usage.
N/A

now my off peak times are as slow as my peak times!! even though my off peak time is way under the usage limit!! why is it doing this?!!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

It'll be because your peak time usage is significantly over the allowance. It will be reset on your next billing date, but the best thing to do is upgrade to PAYG or Premier.