cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required

N/A

Help required

(Ticket 20174809)

After a gruelling 5 weeks + of no ADSL PN inform me that BT cannot find a fault!

Where is there to go from here? The customer service from PN has been weak at best and now it seems BT has given up trying to get me reconnected. I asked for my MAC 3 weeks ago but was assured by PN that this problem would exist with whichever BT reseller I migrated to.

I am told that I can only request a MAC if I close my fault ticket and the MAC will take 4 weeks. Obviously in this case the problem will not get resolved but If I migrated to another company I may find a customer service dept willing to doggedly push the problem through to resolution

I could persist with PN continuing to give them helpful and friendly feedback to their extremly infrequent responses to my messages. This is not an option as all fault investigation seems to have ceased and the time to problem resolution would be indeterminable.

The last option is to let my anger and frustration take over cancelling further payment and lodging a small claims court counter action to their threats of debt collection. I am angry but unsure I am committed enough to see this route through although I would be optomistic of a favourable outcome given the facts of the case.

I really don't know where to go from here! Are there any other members in this situation? What would other members do or advise?

At least this forum gives me chance to air my grievence.
5 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Help required

I have rejected BT's fault clearence and send the fault back to BT for further investigation.

It is strange since the have sent the fault back to us as clear 3 times and have replaced a line card at the exchange.

Have you tried directly into the master socket with no additional telephony equipment on the line? Additionally, have you tried with another modem or router?

If BT need to send an engineer out to you and it turns out to be your own equpment or wiring then they will charge you £50 for the visit.
N/A

Help required

IF you really want help you need to say what you have done so far.

Explain what kit you have, how it is connected, what else is connected etc.

Then what results you got from changing the login from Plusnet to BT. If it works it will at least tell you if the problem is with BT or Plusnet.

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27

It did NOT work for me and my ticket in the LIMBO place that Plusnet tickets go in the hope that we will go away and leave them alone.

I tried their tests and got

"System Error Image not loaded

Only TAP1 tests are enabled.
Please login as tap1 user.

Please wait while you are redirected.."

I returned the ticket back but they have made no suggestion other than to reboot the router regularly over a 3 day period.

It says you joined on 27 Jan 2004 so unless you recently moved house you will probably not be subject to any "sting in the tail" terms on your contract.

So my advice would be to try to test it so that you are satisfied it is nothing at your end. If they still don't reply let your money do the talking, close the ticket order the MAC code and give an ISP that "seems to" gives a damn a chance to fix it.
N/A

Help required

IF you really want help you need to say what you have done so far.

I have tried multiple known good routers and modems, all in the master socket with no other equiptment connected on any of the sockets. I have had an intermittent, and I mean very intermittent, connection. Also proving my equiptment is OK.

Then what results you got from changing the login from Plusnet to BT. If it works it will at least tell you if the problem is with BT or Plusnet.

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27

This did not work for me which could suggest LLU however I am informed by PN that I have not been migrated.

If they still don't reply let your money do the talking, close the ticket order the MAC code and give an ISP that "seems to" gives a damn a chance to fix it.

This is fast becoming my conclusion but the more research you do just proves that finding a good reliable ISP with good UK based CS is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thanks for the advice, hope you get your resolution/MAC - delete as applicable.

Steve
N/A

Help required

Have you tried directly into the master socket with no additional telephony equipment on the line? Additionally, have you tried with another modem or router?

yes, yes and yes as outlined in the ticket.

If BT need to send an engineer out to you and it turns out to be your own equpment or wiring then they will charge you £50 for the visit.

Get him here tomorrow + why did it take so long to suggest this course of action?
N/A

Help required

I think the problem with Plusnet is that their service is aimed at customers who are not technical.

You seem intelligent enough to have determined that nothing has changed at your end and you have tried all the bits they make you check.

So why would it be something at your end?