Did you mean: 

Help, please read

N/A

Help, please read

PLEASE, PLEASE can someone help me?

My story starts out here:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47901&highlight=unmaxed

To continue:
Dave Tomlinson took control of my ticket. He discovered that one BT database showed me as on Home 2000 and the other that I was on Max. To get both reporting the same thing he put in an order for Max Premium and that went through. I got an initial sync of 8128 down and 832 up. I had several disconnections during the day and ended up with 7072 down. The next day an order for Max went through and I was reconnected at 7072 down and 448 up. No further disconnections happened that day. As I was still only getting a real download of 2Mb I followed the instructions of rebooting each day.

What a mistake.

After 5 and a half days BT put me back on Home 2000. I was happily connected with a sync of 6912 down, 448 up and an SNR of 12 when I was disconnected and reconnected at 2272 down, 288 up, which is what I still have, and a current SNR of 24.

I raised another ticket no:20422987 and attached a copy of my router stats.

A week later and I have had three replies the last being:
As I'm sure you're aware, IPStream Max is a rate adaptive technology, meaning that the speeds you see can and do vary depending on the condition and length of your line, it is also possible for one off events to temporarilly affect your speeds. I have checked both our systems and the BT systems and both are showing that you are on Max DSL. Combine this with the fact that we received a Delta Report for your line on the 7th of October and we can be certain that you are still on Max.

Nobody will listen to me.

Am I wrong? Am I really on Max? Have I woken up in an alternative universe?

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Fixed Quote Tags.]
36 REPLIES
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Help, please read

If your current sync is 2xxx/2xx then it's unlikely you're still MAXed ....
N/A

Help, please read

Thanks for the reply mysteryfcm. Glad of the support.

I always believed that you could differentiate between the products on upload speed sync:
832 is max premium
5xx LLU - don't know this one
448 is max
288 is Home 2000/IPStream 2Mb

BUT plusnet support do not agree with us and I have had replies from 3 different members of support all saying I am on Max.
shellsong
Grafter

Help, please read

Do they maintain that you are still on Max Premium or on Max? It seems to me if your line was capable of sustaining an upstream rate of 832 Kbps on Max Premium and subsequently, for whatever reason, was downgraded to Max, it would have no problem whatsoever in maintaining the Max upstream synch rate of 448 Kbps so 288 Kbps gives them the lie!
N/A

Help, please read

They say I am on Max:

The MaxDSL service can provide upload speeds of upto 448Kbps.

Again, we can confirm that your connection is provided on the MaxDSL service.

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Fixed Quote Tags - use "[ ]" rather than "< >". Wink ]
N/A

Help, please read

Still getting the run around from support.

Does anyone know how to get them to do a Woosh test?
N/A

Help, please read

Hurrah, Dave Tomlinson has looked at it. Cheesy

Now I should find out what is going on.
N/A

Help, please read

Well, here I am again, and no further forward :!:

Dave did look at it and posted
Please escalate to BT provisions, woosh confirms customer is on Home 2000 although eco shows Max. Something has gone wrong with the modify order and reverted the customer back to Home 2000 twice. Faults confirm this in fault 1-EVFU8X.

However, the following was posted today:
BT confirm that your service is definately provisioned on Max DSL premium. Please let us know if you are still having issues with this so we can continue further.

So, the fact that I have a download sync of 2272 with SNR of 28 and an upload of 288 with SNR of 29 is irrelevant. No matter how often I disconnect and reconnect I get exactly the same speeds.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next (other than pray Sky comes to my exchange soon)?
shellsong
Grafter

Help, please read

So black is white and you do love Big Brother :roll:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Help, please read

I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm sending it back shortly after I've re-run a woosh test.
N/A

Help, please read

Thanks Dave.

The following has now been posted:
Please raise with broadband assurance

Can anyone advise what this means?
Ianwild
Grafter

Help, please read

Broadband Assurance are effectively an escalations team within BT.

Ian
N/A

Help, please read

Cheesy At last, I have been re-maxed. My download sync is 8128 and my upload sync is 448. My download SNR is currently 3.5 so I am sure it will adjust in the next 10 days.

I did a speed test:
Download 640 Kbps
Upload 89 Kbps

That is less than half what I was getting on Home 2000 Cry

Why should that be?
I was getting 5Mb when I was last on max.
f1shing
Dabbler

Help, please read

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2006 09:39 pm Post subject:
icon_biggrin.gif At last, I have been re-maxed. My download sync is 8128 and my upload sync is 448. My download SNR is currently 3.5 so I am sure it will adjust in the next 10 days.

I did a speed test:
Download 640 Kbps
Upload 89 Kbps

That is less than half what I was getting on Home 2000 icon_cry.gif

Why should that be?
I was getting 5Mb when I was last on max.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Help, please read

You're going to have to go through the 10 day training period again. Your stable rate will be lifted when PN get a delta report from BT.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)