cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please - re email or webmail or ...

N/A

Hi pretty new to this so please bear with me and this (probably) Shockedops: stupid question. When I go into my plusnet webmail either my emails don't appear at all or if they do, they disappear again the next time I go in. What on earth am I doing wrong - I am using firefox as my browser and my webmail page is very basic with no real help on it to find out that way. :?
8 REPLIES
N/A

cant help you i'm afraid....

as your post is going down the list i will suggest that acarr has a look, this way i don't use the b word and your query moves up :-)
N/A

Hi Serendipity!

I think you may be downloading your emails into a POP3 client (Outlook Express?, Thunderbird?). Once it's downloaded to POP3, the mail disappears from the server and won't show in webmail.

If you have Outlook Express or Thunderbird, you can change the settings to keep the mail in the server.

In Thunderbird, go to: Account options>mail.plus.net>server settings and click the box for "Leave messages on server".

In OE go to Accounts>mail.plus.net>Properties>Advanced and click on "Keep a copy of message on server"

Hope this works!
N/A

It Worked!!

Thank you very much for the assistance - worked perfectly. I apologise in advance for the other stupid novice questions I will probably ask but hopefully will only ask once!

It was the OE option - ticked the box and works fine now.

Thank again - I can have emails yippee
N/A

but do you feel the love?
N/A

Absolutely!!
N/A

Ahhhh !

A thread hug... Tongue
N/A

Cheesy all hugs gratefully received here :lol: still there seem to be a lot of people throwing their dummies out of the pram in these forums, however as a newcomer I am happy to say I feel the love tonight!
N/A

Don't be put off by all the bickering and slagging. It's only one of those periodic Plus Net storms. It'll soon pass.

Enjoy the forum!