cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with ADSL connection

N/A

Help needed with ADSL connection

I have got a conexant USB ADSL modem which I am using to connect to ADSL. The line is showing as active and even the connection is established.

The probelm is that the modem is indicating as connection established however no bytes are being sent or received. When the modem is connecting it never asks for the username and password.

I Purchased the modem from dabs.com and if anyone out there is using the same modem, I would be grateful if they can help me out.

I have tried changing all the protocal setup VCI, VPI and encapsulation details but to no avail.

6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Help needed with ADSL connection

> I have tried changing all the protocal setup VCI, VPI and encapsulation details but to no avail.
Hi there,
The settings are PPPoATM VC-Multiplexed, with VCI of 38 and VPI of 0.
There are no current service outages on DSL at the moment. Have you tried reinstalling your drivers, or removing all other USB devices?
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

hi mike,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried reinstalling but the problem persists. Over the pppoA protocol, it should ask me for the user name and password but it never does. It always connects automatically to the service bypassing all the required info.

Any ideas on how to sort this out?

Modem is USB conexant
N/A

Ok the problem is sorted.

Thanks
N/A

> Ok the problem is sorted.
>
> Thanks
Hi Zeeshan,
What went wrong? The info may be useful if anyone has similar problems to you ... Smiley
Regards,
Mike
--
N/A

>
> Hi Zeeshan,
>
> What went wrong? The info may be useful if anyone has similar problems to you ... Smiley

The problem was with the network adapter. I had to install the nbis2 adapter from windows cd so that it allowed me to setup a dialup ppp connection.

Regards,
zeeshan
N/A

> The problem was with the network adapter. I had to install the nbis2 adapter from windows cd so that it allowed me to setup a dialup ppp connection.
Hi again,
Strange one that, I'll keep it on board.
Regards,
Mike
--