cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed to get a tag off my line

N/A

Since my service was LLU'd I have experienced loss of service varying from a few days at a stretch to many days at a stretch.
I finally decided to move to another ISP which required cancelling with PN.
After a few delays and three tickets closed without response I finally managed to have my account closed after emailing the comms team directly (suggested by another forum poster - thanks for your help).

Having been told by comms team member that my line was clear (see below), I contacted my prospective new ISP to place a new ADSL order.
They reported that the line was still encumbered with "an incompatible product" which turned out to be Tiscali's LLTH 0017823 presumably left over from when the line was LLU'd?

BT can't remove the tag.

Tiscali just queues my call and then cuts me off. I did get through once but could not progress since I don't have a Tiscali account.

I have contacted the comms team twice (ID 5597 and 6903) but I haven't had a response for 11 days.

Does anyone know how I can get the tag removed to allow a fresh ADSL order to be placed on my line?

It's looking like I'll have to pay for a new phone line and start from scratch but it'll be a pain to have to contact everyone and notify them of the new phone number.

Incidentally the BT tag team adviser stated that there were lots of people in the same predicament but BT can't shift the tags themselves........

Copy of part of correspondence with comms team:

Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 8:35 PM
Subject: Comms 5597 ticket no 20036073 & 20255625

XXXXXX,
On 18th Sept 06 you kindly responded to my question about account cancellation and billing:

"I have scheduled the cancellation for October 10th, 30 days after the request. The original request was not completed as we were awaiting your response to the issue. I have refunded £49.98 to the card on your account as a result of this, and have confirmed with BT that the line is now clear to place an order on."

My account did get cancelled as promised on 10th Oct but when my new ISP did a line check prior to opening my new account they found that "BT's systems would not allow the order to be completed at present due to a reported incompatible product on your telephone line".
5 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Have you tried contacting Ofcom over that? I believe they are getting rather annoyed about this sort of thing happening
N/A

I have found the ISPA very quick to respond and intervene with problematic cases:

http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/index.html
frusher
Dabbler

I was in a similar position and unable to get adsl on a line after a house move...

Have a try with this;

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/tag/
frusher
Dabbler

Just checked and that link is out of date, try this;

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/tagmarker/
N/A

Many thanks to planetdust and frusher - I've contacted ISPA but the Ofcom form won't submit satisfactorily so I'll have to try again another time.
Thanks for your help.