cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me with my speeds

N/A

Help me with my speeds

Hi guys,

Over the past couple of days i have notice that my download speeds have pretty much died...

Now i know my exchange is showing red on the status due to lack of vps, but ididnt know that would have this kind of effect.

Is there a way to test your download speeds using the BT test login?

Oh i am using BB+ on a MaxDSL connection, no LLU for me. And i haven't used all my usage either. What else could it be?

Thanks
3 REPLIES
N/A

Help me with my speeds

Go to http://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html and then click on 'Self-test and raise a fault'. If your answers to the questions indicate that there is a speed issue, you will be directed to the BT speed tester.

Contrary to the instructions, it is not necessary to disconnect your ADSL connection and reconnect as speedtest@speedtest_domain, but the rest of the instructions are accurate.

The BT speed tester can be difficult to make work. Just keep trying over and over again until you get the three results that are required. You'll probably find it works more reliably at off-peak times. Very late at night or early in the morning was best for me.

The other simple measure is to reboot your router modem if you haven't already tried that.
N/A

Help me with my speeds

Thanks. I will give that a try. Funnily enough i did disconnect and reconnect using that bt account, but the site for testing the speed on the bt network wouldnt load.

I shall give it ago with my normal connection settings.
N/A

Help me with my speeds

Well, the fault self help thing basically told me what i already knew. The exchange is low on vps. It then said see ya later.

As for the bt tester, omfg, what of rubbish. I just can't get it to work. Funny how a mate of mine is at the same exchange but he is not getting poor performance! :roll: