cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help i am being held prisoner by +net

N/A

Has anybody managed to get away from + net without having to beg for MAC number and having to pay the getaway fee
after all +nets unpopularity is totally their own doing
Why should we have to pay to leave when the service they provide is not up to scratch and certainly what i have read today they are masters of deception
36 REPLIES
N/A

The getout fee is what PlusNet had to pay to BT Wholesale to move/activate your line. Even before my recent run-in with customer services it was clear to me why this fee had to be paid.

Admittedly though the sometimes shoddy customer services does make you feel like your MAC code is being dangled a few feet above your head.

I think customers who are cancelling should be treated with a certain degree of respect. I get a lot of light users who look for cheaper services and would have recommended PlusNet without a doubt. After the recent balls-up RE: what the guarantee actually offers and the inordinate amount of time my ticket took to get processed I couldn't possible consider recommending them.

I think there was one other thing, the straw that broke the camels back. Cancellation tickets being held up by some guy called 'James' who insists on phoning you up on your home number during the day when most people (James included) are at work. The fact that my ticket was held up by this truly filled me with rage.

Had my cancellation been dealt with effectively I would still have recommended PlusNet to 'home users', however I've had to speak to a few people recently who were shopping around and withdraw my recommendations unconditionally.

Equally, I understand the cancellation fee.

[ Note to PlusNet management-- Dave Tomlinson should get a medal and a payrise for his responses. Not to mention the fact that he still helps people on here in his own time. ]

Right, I've hijacked your thread and now you can have it back Smiley
N/A

it may be very clear to you why it has to be paid
but it is not clear to everyone else who feel a prisoner of this company .

If a fee had to be paid it should be asked for at the beginning ,Oh silly me what am i talking about you do pay a fee at the beginning which was clear to me I .e monthly no contract or a yearly contract but the other bit especially when you have committed yourself to a contract to find out you have to pay to leave at the end of the year is a farce.
Yes i am committed for one year but if i choose to renew or not then i will be charged even though i am out of contract
Can you imagine going down the Arsenal Paying to get in and then having to pay to get out
This is a very deceitful company
For example does anybody understand this domain thing do i own my domain or does it belong to +net are they more than the host ?
N/A

Dave Tomlinson should get a medal and a payrise for his responses
He can spin as good as any of the other staff who post here.
N/A

He can spin as good as any of the other staff who post here.

Everyone has their opinion. However he's helped me get stuff pushed through on many occasions and actually publically admitted a mistake that he made in customer service and swallowed his pride so I value his presence here. Well, I'm leaving now so it won't matter but you see what I'm saying.

Out of interest, and this is a genuine question, why are you still here? Contractual obligations?
N/A

Not yet time to move, time is needed to sort out emails etc but I have started the move by trying to get my domain name moved out, but 24 hours after giving the info they required no move on my ticket.

But DT like all the memebers of staff duck the questions they do not want to answer and answer questions only partly to spin what has been said.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

But DT like all the memebers of staff duck the questions they do not want to answer and answer questions only partly to spin what has been said.

What questions have I ducked? I have answered every question put to me and not ducked any. You are one using spin not me with you constant accusations, lies and what seems to me like trolling. I don't normally resort to a post like this but you seem to be taking this to a personal level and something needs to be said..

If you questions I have missed ask them and I will answer them. You may not like the answers I give, and I can't help that, but the answers will be truthful and honest.

Oh, by the way it's spelt DALEK.
N/A

theres a very pissed off support agent!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Sorry, bit of emotion there. Won't let it happen again Smiley
Community Veteran

I like the last line, it's been annoying me for ages (the incorrect spelling that is)
Metalguru
Grafter

Dave.

Taking you up on your offer to answer all our enquiries.

You said in another thread that there has recently been no noticable increase in request from punters to migrate away from +Net.

Can you please tell me then, whats the general reasons are behind the large increase in "Contact Us" tickets .

Thanks in anticipation.
N/A

they are all saying what a good job plusnet management have done in keeping their customers happy!

Seriously i don't think he will give figures out
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

You said in another thread that there has recently been no noticable increase in request from punters to migrate away from +Net.

Sure, there's several reasons for the increase in tickets. Firstly our signup rates and customer numbers are at record levels so we are seeing a lot more queries on tickets just because we have more customers and a lot more sales queries on the phones from people interested in signing up. The knock of higher calls has meant that some agents who would have been answering the tickets have spent a bit more time on calls than normal.

We've turned this around by recruiting more people for the CSC and start them off taking customer service and sales calls and queries and the more experienced agents handling tech calls and tickets.

The other main reasons for the increases tickets is that a lot of customers have had questions regarding the T's & C's and how they will be affected and also questions on things like the bulk speed regrade programme.
Metalguru
Grafter

But Didn't he say .........

If you questions I have missed ask them and I will answer them. You may not like the answers I give, and I can't help that, but the answers will be truthful and honest..................................

N/A

Sounds like spin to me
If + net are doing so well record figures etc and more staff have been recruited
then it should be quicker not slower
And if CS are spending more time on the phone and replying to tickets try cutting out the BS and save everyones time from being wasted

Also if mr Tomlinson is so upset by these "false accusations" why doesn't he take the necesary action to stop this