cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help before I throw my router though the window

N/A

Its has taken me nearly two hours of rebooting my router and refreshing to get to this..and that in effect is four pages!! So apologies if my answer is elsewhere but I haven't got two weeks to sit here are trawl through half a dozen pages.

I've gone from 16 months of problem free broadband to a state where I could type the contents of a website quicker than it is displayed - and that is no exageration! My connection has gone much much worse in the last two or three weeks to a point now where it is now unusable - the connection lasts less than a minute before is disconnects. (coincidence that my exchange was upgraded in May?).

I'm sure its not my pc because my laptop suffers the same problem.

I need to the bt speedtester but I don't know how to get to it!

I've got a Netgear wireless DG834G router but I don't know how to disconnect from Plusnet to sucessfully connect to the bt speedtester. I've tried disabling the connection and creating a new connection to bt through WAN Miniport (PPPOE) but it never connects.

I'm obviously doing something very basic wrong but can anybody point it out to me.

Sorry for being so thick but it seems to me you need a degree in IT to successfully diagnose where the problem lies.

,,and many thanks in advance for any replies. Hopefully I might be able to read them before the end of next week! Sad
3 REPLIES
N/A

Technologically clueless, so I won't even attempt to diagnose the problem but this is the page which tells you how to use the BT speedtester:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27

HTH
Community Veteran

Apologies if I have misunderstood but doesn't BT's network only use PPPoA? Also speed tester tutorial can be found at: http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27
N/A

Yep, BT is PPPoA...