cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please - MAC Address Request - Trying to leave Plusnet

N/A

I am trying to leave Plusnet and requested a MAC Address. The reply to the ticket was that my account has now had the MAC Address added to it.

Does anyone know where they would add it?

Thanx in Advance,
Johnny
6 REPLIES
N/A

Click the Help and Support tab above.

They will have added it to an open ticket which can be found within that sub-portal.

(There is a further tab for My Questions within the page, plus there is a message towards the top right about open tickets, with a link.)

Its unlikely that the ticket will have been closed, but if it has, going to the My Questions tab, and choosing all tickets from the last 7 days from the drop down box, will display the ticket you need.

Sorry you are going - but good luck wherever it takes you. Wink
N/A

Hi SallyandJames,

Thanx 4 that.

I am able to read the ticket and this was the message (below)that I was left which suggests that the MAC address has been added somewhere on my account.

Cheers,
Johnny

CSC Agent 12:09pm, Monday 25th September 2006

The mac has now been added to your account.
Regards,
(Name Deleted as per POST Below)
To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy [/img]
N/A

I'd do 2 things then if I were you.

1. Edit out the names of the CS agent - we aren't allowed to post them on here.

2. Check closed questions - its possible that the ticket with the MAC on is generated by a script and closed automatically (heaven knows why it would be done that way, but stranger things happen with PN)

3. (If 2 doesn't help) Reply to the ticket asking what use a MAC is if they don't add it somewhere that you can see it!
Hopefully they'll see sense and sort it for you sharpish!
N/A

Hi James,

I have managed to get that now and signed up to BT getting a check for £50 and money off by using Yahoo as a referal so I'm a Happy Bunny now.

Plusnet had put the MAC Address inside a closed ticket as you informed me - Thanx!

I think that this is a deliberate move to delay or put off people from moving away or they would put it in the open ticket. The other reason I think this is that I had a shifty through this forum after I found the search facility and there have been many instances of this kind of thing happening before.

I've pulled my hair out on more than one occasion with Plusnet and I'm well pleased to be getting shot of them.

Cheers again James for your help - You have a terrific week M8.
Johnny Cheesy Cheesy
N/A

I doubt that its a deliberate strategy to irritate customers who wish to leave; various PN representatives have stated that PN have a desire to make it as easy as possible for customers to leave - in a few instances drawing comparisons with the huge numbers of people whom are returning to BT after using alternative telephone suppliers.
If PN want to stand any chance of getting your business back in future, they must endeaveour to leave you without further reason to dislike them.

I suspect that there is an automated script which adds the MAC key and closes the ticket - I'll ask the Usergroup to add this to list of improvements which are needed to the systems, see if we can't get it changed so that the MAC key tickets are left open in future to make it clearer.

You have a great week too pal. Wink
Mand
Grafter

Hi

When we generate the MAC through our system it automatically raises a service notice on the account with the MAC code on it along with some other information, and then the agent can also paste it into the current ticket if they wish.

It's not a deliberate attempt to stop anyone leaving at all. It's just that the service notice has other relevant information in there as well.