cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - No ADSL Service for Two Weeks

N/A

Please could someone tell me where i am going wrong with Customer Support as I am totally unable to get any results from them? See below>

"Ticket: 18769057 Assigned
Raised: 2006-02-22 08:04:27 by: You
2006-02-22
08:04:27
You
Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Initial checks [ Completed ]

All initial checks have been completed with no problems found. The customer must now complete the Detailed Checks. Please ensure that all questions are completed within 48 hours, otherwise this ticket will be automatically closed with no fault reported

2006-02-22
08:22:00

Customer Support Centre Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Detailed checks [ Completed ]

All questions have been completed by the user.
2006-02-22
08:22:39

Customer Support Centre Open : The customer has provided the following contact details for the duration of the fault.

Daytime telephone number:

Evening telephone number:

Email address: t

Additional contact info: 8-6 on site
2006-02-22
08:22:40

Customer Support Centre Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ In progress ]

The tests on your broadband connection have now started. Please check this ticket in about two hours to see the results of the tests.
2006-02-22
11:34:32
Script User
Unused - ADC - Developers Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

The Connection checks could not be completed

Test result summary: Inconclusive
We have not been able to complete the checks of your broadband service. This may be the result of a fault in the testing system rather than your service.

We will continue to monitor your fault, please provide more information or further updates on the occurance of your fault. If your fault has not re-occured since our testing, please close the ticket and confirm that you are satisfied that the problem is no longer occuring.
2006-02-22
11:34:45
Script User
Unused - ADC - Developers Open : Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
2006-02-23
03:33:41

CSC - Escalations Team Assigned : *internal*

Whoosh test results

Inconclusive
Need to confirm end user's equipment is powered on and functioning correctly.

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-02-23
12:40:19

Customer Support Centre Assigned : [Internal]
EU called to confirm that the hardware was switched on. EU also wanted to confirm, that alternative hardware has been tested on the line.

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2006-02-23
17:35:32

Customer Support Centre Assigned : Dear ,
We are currently seeing that BT have opened a PEW (Planned Engineering Works)in your area, this is likely to be to fix your current problems.
Im placing this ticket on hold in order to check the progress of this work tomorrow.

[internal]
Current PEW open

Planned Engineering Works Analysis
PEWs searched
Status Start Time Stop Time Duration Closed Date End User Impact Sensitivity Ref No.
A 23/02/2006 06:00:00 23/02/2006 12:00:00 06:00 Please refer to the email you have received for any End User Impact related information PW027827

Placing on hold until PEW closes

Regards,

2006-02-23
17:36:04

Customer Support Centre Assigned : [internal]
As above

The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Friday 24th February at 9:00am. This ticket will remain open with the CSC - DSL Faults until this time.Additional information is provided below:

Regards,

2006-02-24
09:07:51
Script User
Unused - ADC - Developers Assigned : We would like to inform you that your Contact Us Ticket ID [ 18769057 ] has now been returned to the CSC - DSL Faults pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
2006-02-24
14:52:54
You
Assigned : As I have been without ADSL since 3.00pm on the 21/02/2006 on our ... ...... 7776 line, would it be possible to utilise our other line .... ..... 7775 on which I can still obtain a 576 kps connection, as this is a "functional" ADSL line on which we previously had an ADSL Service thruogh Business Serve.
2006-03-01
16:49:09

Customer Support Centre Assigned : [internal]
xDSL Status Check Analysis
Not in synch - suggest cct reset and line test.

Circuit Information
Circuit NOT In Sync
Upstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss n/a dB
Cell Count 0
Downstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss n/a dB
Cell Count 0

No sync, raising to BT

Regards,

2006-03-01
17:04:43

Customer Support Centre Assigned : Dear Mr Baylis,
I have raised your fault to BT. Please be aware that they can take between 48-72 hours to provide a response.

Please ensure your equipment remains powered up so we and BT can conduct any tests that may be neccessary.

[internal]
1-A686J2 / 02393307

Regards,

2006-03-02
11:56:12

BOT - DSL Logged Faults Actioned : Dear Mr,
BT have been unable to investigate this fault as you currently have a PSTN (voice line) fault open with BT Residential. Please call them on 151 to cancel this and return this ticket to us as soon as the fault is closed, we will then be able to pass this fault back to BT Wholesale for further investigation.

Regards,

2006-03-02
13:38:08
You
Assigned : BT have just confirmed that there is no open voice line fault on the line.
2006-03-02
14:03:24

BOT - DSL Logged Faults Assigned : Dear Mr Baylis,
Thanks for the prompt response. I have advised BT and they will now investigate the fault further on your line for you.
Regards,

2006-03-07
13:31:00

BOT - DSL Logged Faults Actioned : Dear Mr Baylis,
BT have tested the line and were unable to find any fault on the service. Please can you reset your equipment and test the connection plugging your modem/router into the master socket with all other devices disconnected and get back to us if the problem is still evident? We also recommend trying another modem if possible. Please can you respond to us within 5 days as if you do not then the fault is likely to have timed out with BT.

Regards,

2006-03-07
16:44:51
You
Assigned : As stated previously I have tried two DSL filters, both my Netgear DG632, and SMC Barricade 7401 router.

Both routers will synchronise on my old Business Serve ADSL line ... .... 7775 with either filter - but not on the Plusnet line .... ..... 7776.

It's taken two weeks to have BT tell me there is no fault on the line but no hardware will sync on the Plusnet line, but it all works perfectly plugged into to the .... 7775 socket 2 inches away!

I quote from your earlier ticket

"Assigned : [internal]
xDSL Status Check Analysis
Not in synch - suggest cct reset and line test.

Circuit Information
Circuit NOT In Sync
Upstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss n/a dB
Cell Count 0
Downstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss n/a dB
Cell Count 0

No sync, raising to BT"

My business relies on both E-mail and Internet access can we please get this resolved as a matter of urgency. "

I spoke to support this afternoon and was told my ticket would be immediately passed back to DSL team but there has been no action on the ticket.

So two weeks after the fault was reported Plus Net cannot even give me an estimate as to when the fault will be rectified?

The existing channels of customer support are obviously ineffective - so any suggestions as to how you get sense from Plus Net would be greatly appreciated, as neither phone or ticket seems to work for me.

Paul
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry that this is taking so long to sort out. From the looks of the ticket BT have tested things their side but haven't found any issues. From what you've said I'd say it's unlikely to be anything but a BT fault. The ticket's now back with our faults guys and they should be able to escalate this back to BT for you, who'll probably want to send an engineer out.
N/A

Yeah next step in the process will be to assign an engineer through e.Co normally can be done within 24Hrs at least that was the turn around time I used to get out of BT Wholsale when I was with BT Yahoo Complaints Management!! (runs and hides from any ex BT Customers.......)

They should be able to get it fixed for you although it may not seem like it when your going round in clircles...but BT Wholsale require all checks to be completed and double and tripple stamped Cheesy Just make sure you nudge PN for compensation for your downtime!!!!
N/A

What irritates me is on the 22-2-2006 I lost both voice and data on the line - BT fixed the voice fault in three hours.

I left it overnight before contacting Plus Net in the hope the circuit would reset.

Given the circumstances which were explained to PN from the outset - this is an obvious BT fault .

Furthermore I had done all possible checks before contacting PN ie alternate router etc.

After two weeks of no service, I still have no idea when the service will be re-instated.

Any help on how to set up Exchange in 2003 SBS to send E-mails via dial-up would be greatly appreciated (POP3 connector aleady setup).

Paul