Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help How do I raise a Ticket !!!!

Prod_Man
Grafter

Hi
I have been going around in circles! The question(s) that I have are not covered by the "Help Assistant" but I cannot find any box that allows me to ask the questions? :shock:

Any help would be gratefully received
Mick
15 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Tell me what your questions related to and ill try and find you the link
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

The help assistant should get to a point where it asks you if the page was helpful or not and then gives you an opportunity to ask a question.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hi
Thank you both for the quick responses (I was away helping my Son with his laptop).

@chrisparr
The "Help Assistant" does NOT do this !!!

It specifically states that individual queries cannot be answered!...So having gone around the circle again...How do I raise this ticket?

@holdtight
I need to advise a NEW CUSTOMER (!) whos telephone line is not BT (Talk-Talk) if / what actions they need to take to cancel with talk talk.

Mick
Community Veteran

Try here;
http://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?help_action=tdl01

But it is best to follow the wizard if you can, as it will put your question in the correct queue.

Chilly
chrisc
Grafter

Firstly, you need to find out if TalkTalk have completely unbundled the line or if it is still a BT line underneath.

If its a BT line then we will have no problems providing broadband on there but if its an unbundled TalkTalk line then it will have to be moved back to BT before we can provide broadband on there.

Hope this helps.
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hi
@chilly
Thanks .....question submitted.
(I still cannot find how to get to that screen?)

@ccotterill
Thanks for that info. Do you know how I can find the status of the line?

Thanks
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

They should simply be able to call TalkTalk and ask whether the PSTN service is unbundled, if it isn't then it is just a case of following the normal signup procedure.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
bobbygeorge
Grafter

I have been going around in circles! The question(s) that I have are not covered by the "Help Assistant" but I cannot find any box that allows me to ask the questions?

there are a few threads on this subject already, it is now clear that the help assistant needs a re-think. It's just simply too complicated and time consuming to navigate your way through sub menu after sub menu when all you want to do is raise a ticket to ask a simple question.

surely there should be an option to raise a ticket under the contact us section ...

it has been mentioned by PN staff on another thread on this subject that the system may well be reworked,

and not a minute too soon :roll:
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

surely there should be an option to raise a ticket under the contact us section ...

We are constantly looking at the feedback on the help assistant, however just having 1 page for raising a ticket would stop us being able to see what most queries are about and therefore not be able to offer as in depth help about the most queried issues.

Also there are different departments here, depending on which route you follow through the help assistant directs the ticket on to the correct team.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

What about a mandantory drop down menu which is automatically filled in if the user goes via the Help Assistant to the relevant FAQ area, or selected by the user if clicking on a generic ticket link.

That way users can hop straight to tickets if required and still end up in the right queue.

Could even have a splash screen strongly encouraging people to check the FAQ's prior to submitting a ticket, I doubt anyone would mind that, providing that the ticketing system is more accessible in the first place.

I am aware that PN's business model calls for large scale automation, but it's clear from these forums that relying only on the Help Assistant is causing major confusion amongst the user base.
chrisc
Grafter

I'll pass these comments onto our web content team to see how feasible this would be.

We are always looking at ways of improving customer experience on the portal and welcome suggestions for improvements Cheesy
The_10th
Grafter

Glad that this is being addressed by PN because if it isn't then tickets will be created in the wrong queue for the wrong department causing delay in resolution and taking up several PN staff intervention OR the user will phone PN causing a burden on the helpdesk staff which automation was meant to rectify! :roll:

The Ticket system can be frustrating and a good few people with PN would have tried the obvious anyhow but not to have a 'raise a ticket' is not good.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

We're very aware of issues where customers looking for specific help cannot find a way to raise it directly with Support. It appears to have become highlighted again after our recent redesign of the Help & Support 'start page'.

My team are always looking at ways in which we can improve the self-help available in our support pages, whilst at the same time making it clear how customers can raise tickets where online support is not available, or perhaps appropriate. It is a balance, because as a business we do need to highlight the benefits of the online support we provide; there's little point in raising a ticket to set up a 'blackhole' for an email address when you can now do it yourself in a matter of minutes, for example.

The Help Assistant's purpose is to guide customers to the support information and online tools, and where this is not available, to provide a means to raise a ticket in the appropriate 'pool' for our analysts' attention. Where you know there is no online support appropriate we provide a link on the right-hand side of the Assistant: "Can't find what you're looking for? If you can't solve your problem on the website, get in touch with our Support Team by asking a Question here."

What we ask when using the Assistant is that you first try to find online support in the problem area you are having.

Where we have perhaps gone awry is that in the new redesign we may have buried that link 'one level too deep'. This is something we will look at as a matter of high priority.

What does everyone else think?
N/A

What we ask when using the Assistant is that you first try to find online support in the problem area you are having.
Fair enough.
What about a mandantory drop down menu which is automatically filled in if the user goes via the Help Assistant to the relevant FAQ area, or selected by the user if clicking on a generic ticket link.
This seems to fit the bill.
Where we have perhaps gone awry is that in the new redesign we may have buried that link 'one level too deep'.
This is true. One of the problems is that the Assistant opens a new window which you need to ignore if it's no use and then go back to the previous one which has miraculously changed to allow you to send a message.
I'm glad that "This is something we will look at as a matter of high priority."
I think it needs to be changed straight away.

PS So glad that we're all talking 'tickets' again rather than 'questions'. Could we change it formally while we're at it?