cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Broadband Activation after Moving House [ 20504042 ]

N/A

Don`t know if anyone from PlusNet is actively reading these forums? But I`m getting nowhere using the "ticket" system.

I`ve moved house and have been trying to transfer my broadband account to the new place for a month now. Initially the delay was down to BT Wholesale not removing the "tag" on the line, but I got this from PlusNet a week ago so assummed it was all sorted,

"Username HuhHuh

Dear Mr HuhHuh,
We have now placed a provide order on your new line. Your broadband will be enabled on:
17/11/06
Our Reference:
1-FBURMV

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 17th November at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - House Moves until this time.Additional information is provided below:

Regards,
HuhHuh??"

Still waiting for my broadband to be activated, and have had no response to numerous emails sent, it`s all very frustrating, and expensive having to use dialup and still pay the monthly broadband subscription too!

Anyone from PlusNet out there?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Does your modem/router sync with the exchange? If so it's worth trying to connect every couple of hours as sometimes connection attempts are recognised and will trigger the activation.

If you have got sync and tried to connect but authentication failed there is a possibility that your login has changed from username@plusdsl.net to username@plus.net - check here to see what it should be.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Liam
Grafter

Hi there,

BT report that your activation completed yesterday at 6:47am. You should now be able to connect.

I have replied to the tickets on your account, but can you plug your modem directly into the master socket with no other telephone equipment connected to any other socket and confirm if you can connect then.
N/A

Still no connection, and no reply to my latest question from PluNet, can anyone on the Forums offer any advice?

--

My modem is connected directly into the master socket (via a filter), no other equipment is connected.

My modem reports DSL Status: OPERATIONAL.

When I try to connect I get invalid username or password.

I`m pretty sure these are correct, I haven`t changed them since I last managed a sucessful connection before I moved house.

Username: HuhHuhHuh@plusdsl.net

I`ve checked the username on my account page and it confirms that it should be as above, I`ve also changed my password, just to check that it wasn`t that.

Still no connection.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Check at the link I gave that your login hasn't changed to ...@plus.net

It's probably worth giving that a go anyway - nothing to lose!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Thanks elvin, I did check the link you suggested, there was no change to my username, but I tried changing to @plus.net anyway. I`m desperate at this point.

Still no luck.

Oh well.

:?:

I don`t know much about the working of a broadband connection. There was a connection at this house before I moved in, hence the initial delay in moving my account. My modem has been saying DSL Status: OPERATIONAL from day 1, nothing seems to have changed at all, I still just get invalid username or password.

I did sign up with a PAYG 56k provider as a temporary (!) measure, maybe this has messed with some setting on my PC somewhere? I`ve checked what I can, but as I say I`m not exactly up on the workings of my broadband connection.

I suppose all I can do now is be patient and wait for PlusNet to respond to my question.

Sad