cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello my fellow unhappy customers :)

N/A

Wow I just found the forums for the first time. Hi all.

I am one of those unhappy customers that started a monthly "Unlimited Downloads" Broadband Plus contract about a year ago. Now I see these forums and wonder why Im still with Plusnet...I guess I just thought all ISPs could be this unfair with thier underhanded advertiseing methods and "fair usage" policys. Many people on here seem to have found other better ISPs, perhaps I can too.

The fact that Plusnet advertised as unlimited was the only reason I chose them over their competition.

My dad and I share this internet connection and as a result we have twice passed the caps(which I thought didnt exist when I started with plusnet) in the last year.

We then were put under restrictions and softly coerced to upgrade and effectively give plusnet more money.

I have a question being queried at the moment about all this but I think it may be time for me to leave.
55 REPLIES
N/A

Yeh,the same happened to me and since I upgraded I just havent got my monies worth.I have asked Pnet to cancel my service,yesterday morn.but have yet to get a reply!
I've been with them for 15 months now and Ive seen the service go down the pan. Cry
N/A

Everyone has seen the service 'go down the pan' in the last few years. PlusNet used to be renouned for being one of the best, now they are infamous for the amount of disgruntled users they have.
N/A

You're right, I have been with PN years. They have gradually declined over that time from being the best, to mediocre sadly.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

It's pathetic.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

Whats my problem you may ask?

What really has annoyed me most is their customer service.

1.Why do they take so long to answer my phone calls?

2.Why do they have that automated voice on their call centre that comes up every few minutes saying "did you know you can report a fault or pose a question on our website"...

IF I HAD THE INTERNET TO GO TO THE PLUSNET WEBSITE WHY WOULD I BE ON THE TELEPHONEHuh

3.My download cap has gone from "Unlimited" to about 8 GB and now to 4GB.

Sure my connection speed has gone up but what use is that if I get put under "restrictions" as soon as I download anything large.

4. I had problems getting Plusnet to connect me to my BTline and as such I basically spent half a month with no internet connection and Plusnet say that is BTs fault and my fault so they still charged me for the full month.
Liam
Grafter

Just to be clear. It has been quite some time since we have advertised Broadband products as Unlimited. We're looking at at least 2 years, in fact.

Broadband Plus is not advertised as Unlimited. In fact, we do make it clear that it is designed for Web Browsing and basic usage and not for large file downloads and file sharing etc...
Community Veteran

What's Plusnets stance on Gaming on BB+ - because at present the lag Im experiencing on my connection is quite bad.

I had my friend do a test last night at the same time as me using speedtest.net. (I know the results may not be that accurate, but as long as both parties are using the same tool it should be a rough guide)

I had latencey of over 500ms, whilst his was less than 50.

I had download of about 181 kbs and upload of 121 kbs (on 4mb)

he had download of 484 kbs an upload of 198 kbs (on a 512k account).

And we are connected to the same exchange.

Can PN explain that please?

Ta,
Chris.
Liam
Grafter

Re: Whats my problem you may ask?

1.Why do they take so long to answer my phone calls?

I'm sorry you feel the call wait times are unacceptable, but these are very much improving. Our average answer time, daily, is now around 8-9minutes. Although not ideal, this is a big improvement from where we were 2 or 3 months ago.

More bods are coming into the CSC every month and there is a massive recruitment drive currently ongoing - but the training process is very intensive and we're keen not to dilute the quality that our agents are capable of.

2.Why do they have that automated voice on their call centre that comes up every few minutes saying "did you know you can report a fault or pose a question on our website"...

I think this has been removed (correct me if I'm wrong). It does still suggest that you visit the website when you first call - because you would be surprised at the amount of calls we have with simple queries that could easily be done online!

3.My download cap has gone from "Unlimited" to about 8 GB and now to 4GB.

As I've covered in my last post, we've not advertised any product as unlimited for quite some time. Broadband Plus is quite clear that it is not designed for peer-2-peer and large file downloads.

4. I had problems getting Plusnet to connect me to my BTline and as such I basically spent half a month with no internet connection and Plusnet say that is BTs fault and my fault so they still charged me for the full month.

You signed up in October 2005, so I can't really comment on this. Looking back though, your billing date appears to fall on the day you first connected.
Community Veteran

It does have to be said, I did get an answer almost immediately today. Infact it was so quick I was wondering if someone had disconnected me until I heard the magic word "Hello?"...

No the "this can be done on our website.." hasn't been removed. It still tries to prompt you to the website at every opportunity.

Just a shame that no-one can do anything about something at PN.

I'm only going to put up with this for 1 more month..
Liam
Grafter

No the "this can be done on our website.." hasn't been removed. It still tries to prompt you to the website at every opportunity.

Yes, this is in the menu's, but I don't believe you get any further messages once you are in the queue?
Liam
Grafter

What's Plusnets stance on Gaming on BB+ - because at present the lag Im experiencing on my connection is quite bad.

Hi Chesterfield, good to see you around these parts.

As far as I'm aware, gaming performance on Plus should be good. I'm going to ask the question, though.
Community Veteran

Yes, this is in the menu's, but I don't believe you get any further messages once you are in the queue?

Not sure about that since I wasn't queued today - as stated above someone shockingly answered straight away.

Whats gone wrong with the call centre? - Are you all feeling ok?
Zathras
Grafter

Whats the difference between 'Unlimited' and 'No fixed download limits' ?
Liam
Grafter

Whats gone wrong with the call centre? - Are you all feeling ok?

Should I put a service status out saying we're investigating fast response times? :-p

In all seriousness, we've been committed to improving the CSC and response times for quite some time. The CSC management team (and indeed the agents) are doing a fantastic job at the minute, and recruitment is on the up to bring in more skilled agents.

One of the things we're looking at is splitting off some of the 'Customer Support' general work to new agents more suitable for a Customer Support role. Therefore allowing the 'meaty' technical queries to be dealt with by the more technically skilled analysts.

It is working. The Call Answer Rate is on the up and the wait times are coming down. Once we get new faces into the CSC then we'll only see more improvements to come.