cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy hand?

Ziggur
Grafter

Heavy hand?

Who moderates the Moderators in this Forum?

I am seeing a somewhat heavy-handed attitude from a Mod who was previously a very helpful forum member.

I anticipate that "this thread will now be locked". Wink
36 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Heavy hand?

The other mods and the comms team. The said mod has been very busy today trying to keep us all in order with little backup as AFAIK he's been the only mod online most of the day ;-)

I may be wrong but I don't think this thread will be locked, as it poses a valid question in a civil manner ;-)
N/A

Heavy hand?

:roll: going by all the other threads that have been locked you prob anticipate
correctly
N/A

Heavy hand?

Hi

I agree with cmharding as regards mark being very helpful etc. but now as a mod he sounds more like a CS agent everyday.. :shock:
JonathanW
Grafter

Heavy hand?

Hi,

As mentioned here in the In Depth Forum Rules, there is a system in place for people who feel they have reason to question the actions of a moderator. Bellow is the exact text for ease of reference.

If at anytime you have reason to question the actions of a moderator, in the first instance send a PM to the Moderator, if your issue still cannot be resolved then contact a member of the PlusNet Comms Team, Stewart Norris, Dave Tomlinson, Ben Brown or Jon Whiting who will discuss this with the moderators and make a final decision on your case.
Ziggur
Grafter

Heavy hand?

President Theodore Roosevelt

"There is a homely old adage which runs ' Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far' ".

[Speech 1903]
Community Veteran

Heavy hand?

Tongue
chymorva
Grafter

Heavy hand?

<snip> .... Bellow is the exact text for ease of reference....

Does this mean you condone shouting, Jon ? Wink Wink
Community Veteran

Heavy hand?

:lol:
Saturn
Grafter

Heavy hand?

Discostoo
Grafter

Heavy hand?

N/A

Heavy hand?

I can't believe anyone dared mention the word moderator...this thread will surely be locked. :shock:
Saturn
Grafter

Heavy hand?

Daniel .... Smiley
Community Veteran

Heavy hand?

What you looking at me for, I'm not a mod. ;-)
N/A

Heavy hand?

I am seeing a somewhat heavy-handed attitude from a Mod who was previously a very helpful forum member.

Hi guys,

The original thread which I locked yesterday was locked for good reason. The thread had started to veer in a direction which was not feedback regarding Plus Nets products and services. My attention was drawn to the thread by another forum user and I issued a warning in the thread.

A further OT post was added and I then locked the thread.

I take absolutely no pleasure nor derive any satisfaction from locking threads or warning forum users as to their forum conduct. However, of late, the boards have become or tend to become a place of much anger and things can degenarate quickly into fights, squabbles or worse. If we, as moderators, do not nip this in the bud quickly, these boards and the superb forum community and atmosphere which has developed over the years, could and will degenerate into the battle grounds which we have seen on other forums.

I have no intention of stifling free speech and never will, I have vented my frustration on these boards many times in the past and no doubt will do so again.

But I do ask that posters remain calm, reasoned, on topic and within the rules when posting, if that happens the boards will need little or no moderating.

On some occasions, before action is taken by a moderator, things happen in the background by PM or other means and sometimes the general forum community may not be aware of the full reasons behind certain actions.

Ultimately we are accountable, both to the community and to Plus Net. All our actions are open and recorded. If we do somthing which is incorrect then forum members can complain to Plus Net or another moderator. If that action is found to be wrong then we will have to answer for it.

We are not a secret club or society. We are here for the benefit of the community to ensure the smooth and peacful running of the boards.

I will always try to remain an active member of these boards and be as helpful to the forum members as I can. If I agree with Plus Net I will say so, if I dont, I will do likewise.

I fully understand the anger and frustration shown by some on these boards and as long as that frustration is expressed within the rules of the board there wont be a problem.

If any of my actions have been misconstrued then I apologise. There is no moderating handbook and we all have to use our judgement and discretion in making decisions. I will always endeavour to ensure that these boards remain the useful and friendly place which they have always been.