cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Heavy Users' 50GB Bandwidth Limit Questions

N/A

First of, i'm starting this thread for people like me who have questions regarding the email from Plusnet earlier this week. If however, you want to have a 'who can p**s up the wall the furthest contest' then hit your browsers back button and you'll see a thread titled "50GB FUP limits on 2Mb Premier Accounts!!!" - there you can rant and rave to your hearts content thinking that someone actually gives a damn about what you have to say or that what you have to say will change anything...

Okay, now i have that frustration out of my system...

Can anyone tell me if the advisory 50GB bandwidth applies only to bandwidth used during peak hours? i.e. any downloads made during the off peak hours (apparently 1am to 7am) would not be counted to that advisory limit although they are counted in your monthly total - the email i received doesn't make very clear although sort of hints that downloads made in the off peak hours are discounted...

All i'm wanting is an answer in plain straight forward non-geek-speak english...
Any help is always appreciated though...

:?
5 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

This applies to all usage, peak and off peak.
N/A

Thanks for clearing that up for me...
N/A

can you tell us why you are including off peak hours please +net.
N/A

Because they can Smiley
crimsone
Grafter

A likely explanation is that whether maxing out your connection constantly effects other customers or not (even if it's only in off-peak hours) isn't only dependant on whether the bandwidth is available on the network overall.

It's also dependant on which part of the network it's on, and who is on that same part of the network with you. It is also related to the usage of the network hardware in relation to the way it's set up.