cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have i missed something ? Traffic Limits on Premeir

N/A

Hey, can anybody give me an update as to what are the current caps on the traffic for premier account ? I came back from holidays and it all seemed to have changed.

By the way, THANKS PLUS.NET for informing YOUR customers ...

cheers

M
24 REPLIES
N/A

I'm in the same situation. I had no idea about these changes and all of a sudden I'm hit by 2 traffic management emails in 2 days, yet I've hardly downloaded anything since I have a xbox 360 for gaming.
N/A

I got an email that said I had exceeded the second level of
the Broadband Premier usage policy. but I have only used under 17GB peak and 14GB off peak (8am to 4pm?), totalled up to under 58GB!!

I have no idea what type of restrictions we have anymore! Maybe we should stop using internet!! :?
N/A

Have you been using p2p, ftp or usenet ?
Regards, John Taylor.
N/A

I got an email that said I had exceeded the second level of
the Broadband Premier usage policy. but I have only used under 17GB peak and 14GB off peak (8am to 4pm?), totalled up to under 58GB!!

I have no idea what type of restrictions we have anymore! Maybe we should stop using internet!! :?

Currently 8am - 12am count as peak, so in your case it looks like 17GB + 14GB = 31GB which means your traffic is being throttled.
N/A

think thou if u look on plus nets own web site for preimer it still states that 4pm to 12pm is the only peak time.
N/A

Thanks, that explains.... but...

since when did they change the peak hours to include 8am to 4pm? Never got the notice!!
N/A

peter i havent got one either so i would like to see how they can inforce somthing they havent notified you of. any ideas PN staffHuh?Huh
N/A

N/A

have a look here: https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml
and here:
https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml

yup and it states "Peak-time is 4pm - 12am (midnight). Peak-times and bandwidth values will change over time as usage patterns change."

cant find 8 am anywhere in that
N/A

From what I have been reading the VMBU does not understand that and combines 8am - 4pm and 4pm - 12am.

I cant understand why PN Staff cannot make some sticky topics
N/A

haha well if the VMBU doesnt understand thats PN fault. There website clearly shows the peak times in writing as a matter of fact.

If they have sent out emails based on wrong information they should send out an appology, but i supose "comuter says no" will prevail
N/A

There are peak times for 2 different things. 4 pm to midnight is for the SUP. 8am to midnight is for your clean allowance of p2p, ftp and usenet.
Regards, John Taylor.
N/A

There are peak times for 2 different things. 4 pm to midnight is for the SUP. 8am to midnight is for your clean allowance of p2p, ftp and usenet.
Regards, John Taylor.

do you have a link to anywhere on PN that states this? as i cant find one or an email saying anything
N/A

I'm assuming you are on 2Mb Premier. This link explains it.

https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml

You have to use the dropdown arrow to select your product.
If you can't find it I'll tell you what the limits are.
Regards, John Taylor.