cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have i been upgraded to dsl max?

carpangler
Grafter

How do I tell if I've been upgraded to DSL max as I've been working away for 2 weeks and since I got back a speed test is showing anything from 480Kb to 2.5mb.

Now before I was consistently getting 2meg ALL the time, so I presume it might be as I've been upgraded. However, I've had NO notificaiton from Force 9 on this.

Any ideas as its baffling me, and I hope that my stable 2meg returns.

Cheers
19 REPLIES
jabns2
Grafter

You could set up a ticket to ask them but you will have to wait another two weeks for a response. :roll:
N/A

max dsl

If you can pm me your detials i will have a look and see if can see anything on your account.

But from what you are saying it is possible that your line has already been upgraded you should see in your conection a different sync rate depending on what your line is able to handle.

If you have a router or a modem this should show both a change in the upstream and downstream, you should also have had an email advising that your line has been updagraded.
N/A

I was upgraded a week ago to maxdsl. For the first few days my d/l speeds were very variable from 0.5Mb to 2.5Mb but have settled to above 2Mb (dependent on contention and peak times). So may just take a settling period for the sync rate for the first few days. I've not had an email yet about my upgrade to MaxDSL, not sure if I'll get one. I just disconnect my router to force it to resync a few times a day, everyones been informed of that after logging in. I must admit my usage has increased an awful lot since my upgrade must be using it alot more.
N/A

The adsl service can take upto 14days to fully settle down i know my own tock the full 14days before the service would stay at a stable speed Smiley

As far as i am aware customer shoulw be recieving emails conferming if they have been upgraded to the service but this is based on us getting confermation from BT.

It is a good idea to force restart your router as help to get the router to possibly sync at a higher speed.

If you have any further problems with the service than i would suggest raising a qeustion to us for further investigation.
carpangler
Grafter

Cheers everyone

I've checked my upstream rate on the router (2272) and downstream (28Cool. I'm not sure whether that has changed while I've been away.

Also, I've reset the router several times today, and the connection speed is going up and down like a brides nightie, so maybe I have been upgraded. I've belled Mark as requested to see if Bt have upgraded me. If so, it looks like I'll have a few weeks of crap speeds. I presume this is BT and not F9 that will cause the speed issue. Can someone enlighten me on this. Also, as I'm away again next week what happens regarding the 'learning' process that I keep hearing about, as everything will be switched off for a week.

Hey at least I get a 10meg leased line to work on next week while I'm away. Beat that DSL max then :lol:

Steve
N/A

I have answered your qeustion thanks for sending.

As i said in the answer looks as if your were upgraded in early may so you should be more than past the first 14days of the conection.

I would suggest if you are still having problems with this if you raise a qeustion to us with some speed tests results using the bt speed test and we will investigate this if your getting speeds below 400kb.

The speed issues could be being cause by BT or ourselfs as in my investigate i couldnt find any delta reports from the exchange as an when you have synced up in the first 10days so this could be the reason why.

But as i state above if your speed is being limited the best thing would be to put it through a qeustion through and we will investigate it.
N/A

My modem has been giving this information (288 Kbps Upstream, 2272 Kbps Downstream) ever since I was upgraded to 2mbps so I do not think I have been upgraded to 8mbps as yet. But perhaps Mark can confirm this.
N/A

My modem has been giving this information (288 Kbps Upstream, 2272 Kbps Downstream) ever since I was upgraded to 2mbps so I do not think I have been upgraded to 8mbps as yet. But perhaps Mark can confirm this.[/quote

If you would like me to have alook i can for you. But if you have had 2meg already then if you had been put on to the max dsl service you should see some sort of speed increase,

I should think your line be able to surpport 5meg if you are already getting 2meg you could get more than that, Again if you havent had any emails comferming you have been changed and you havent seen and fluctuation in speed then i would think your lines still on the ipstream.

But if you want pm me i can have a quick look at your account and see if i can see any updates.
N/A

Have pm'd you Mark thanks for the help, but been having disconnection problems since April and since May 1st had a ticket open for the same problem.

BT have been out to install a master socket as I did not have one but the same problem continues. I seem to get interruptions in my connection with my up and downstream margins varying vastly but my speed remains the same 288 and 2272. When I check my speed with f9 I constantly get a reading of approx 1900 and when I check on what speed I should get I am informed it should be around 6.5 meg as I am so close to the exchange and my line attenuation being 29 & 28.

Funnily the problem seems to occur between 05.30 & 07.00 then 11.30 to 13.00 then 16.00 to 18.00 and again around 21.00 to 22.30 also at odd times between 02.00 & 03.00. I have also noticed that this is more frequent depending on the weather conditions.
N/A

hi thanks for the PM i have looked and i have not been able to find anything that suggests your line has been put up to max dsl. Your account like the many that havent will be upgraded as soon as we get an update on when we can put the orders through again.

As for the problems staying conected this would suggest some sort of intermitant conection problem and maybe an issue with the line or the exchange. I have sent you a pm with further detials about this for you.
N/A

Hi Mark

Thanks for the pm and I understand regarding the upgrade, did you read the whole of the ticket problem?

As indicated BT came out to my premises and installed a master socket as we did not have one and the engineer thought it was the outside cable but could not change it. I was asked by f9 to re-test after the visit but still got and still am getting the same problem. In fact it has rained this lunchtime and the problem got worse during the rain. However this was reported 2 weeks ago to BT and f9 gave me the times so that I could arrange a visit from BT, I did this and I took time off work and waited, no BT arrived but the following day I received a comment from f9

"BT have advised that they have corrected a fault on the line when the engineer visited you".

No BT engineer visited and I reported this to f9 and I really appreciate you Mark as this is the first comment from f9 since.
N/A

Yeh i did read your full ticket and i can see the notes from our team and i also looked at the fault with BT, But unfortunatly the faults been closed with bt as they seam to think that its been fixed.

As i have said in the PM i have re-opend a fault for you with BT and i have put the notes in from your contact and made sure there aware the problem is still there. I know you have been waiting along time to get this fixed but we now have to wait again for BT to come back to us.

Its normal 48hrs for any intial contact when a fault is raised but they will be aware that there was a prevous fault raised and what they think may have caused the issue.

I am sorry i can do anymore at present its in BT's hands again and hopefully will get this sorted for you Smiley
N/A

Many thanks Mark and I quite understand, BT are a law unto themselves and nothing will change that.
N/A

Im glad i can help Smiley