cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have i been capped?

Bizlat
Grafter

Have i been capped?

Billing period started today ,VMBU says 2GB off peak so far but i can only download at less than 7kbps at the moment its not peak time yet!
10.16 GB peak time up to the 11 MAY ,101.3 off peak, total 111.45GB up to 11 May. :?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Have i been capped?

Thats the magic of Maxdsl......Great looking numbers and specs. Absolute rubbish speeds.....
Bizlat
Grafter

Have i been capped?

I'm not even on Maxdsl yet i'm on Premier Option 1,so whats happening Plusnet? :?
Alecto
Grafter

Have i been capped?

@tuitt
You've exceeded both the 10GB peak and 100GB total "limits" that Plusnet have set, so they'll have been throttling the hell out of your account.
It takes them a while to lift the throttling (or managing).

If you do it again, it will happen again.

And yes, I know the peak limit is 15GB, but they start managing you after 10.
StuWard
Grafter

Have i been capped?

Whats the point of having an 8mb connection that is closed down after 10gb ?

Staying at the computer till midnight to start downloads seems silly

Stu
willhome
Grafter

Have i been capped?

they cant afford to give more then 10gb onpeak... enough said
N/A

Have i been capped?

Does that throtling adhere to homeworker pro accounts aswell?
Alecto
Grafter

Have i been capped?

Whats the point of having an 8mb connection that is closed down after 10gb ?

Staying at the computer till midnight to start downloads seems silly

Stu

The point is that you can get throttled sooner than you otherwise would.j('Cry')

I suspect it is now difficult to find an ISP who will give you more than 100GB a month without just throwing you off. And some, like Tiscali, actually advertise on TV as unlimited, though they are far from that.
Pn just don't have the capacity to give you more for £21.99 - though you can pay more and get more, of course.

And why not use a scheduler for your downloads rather than wait at the computer?
N/A

Have i been capped?

I thought I read somewhere that throttling isn' t applyed on offpeak whether you have reached your peak allowence or not.
shellsong
Grafter

Have i been capped?

Protocols are still "prioritised" even off peak
Alecto
Grafter

Have i been capped?

They "manage" your line whenever they feel they need to, either as part of overall shaping, or individually if they feel you're using a lot of bandwidth.

I don't think the full and gory details are actually revealed to the users. They only tell us what they think we need to know.
N/A

Have i been capped?

Well this new VBMU is pretty crap, totally out of sorts to even look at. Im paying £66 a month and the reason i pay that is so i don;t have any hastles of what seems to be going on now.

I don't hammer the bandwidth i download what i want, when i want and the same with uploading without the possible thought of "ooh i best not go over my usage"

As far as im aware (which i have enquired about several times via the suport line) I was told that i have no restrictions at all. But this new VBMU seems to give me other thoughts with the different coloured graphs used.