N/A

Have customer support left?!

I logged a case 26.5 hours ago.

I have yet to get a response other than:

2005-09-16
16:36:52
Andy Owen
Unused - SeniorManagement Assigned : internal transfer

Supposedly your target time for the closure of enquiries is 8 hours. The current average is 9 hours, 24 minutes and 36 seconds at time of posting. So why haven't I had a single actualy reply in over a day for what is apparently a 24x7 support team? Even an acknowledgement that my enquiry is being looked into?

It's not a tough one either, I simply requested my MAC code since PlusNet have admitted they cannot fufill my requirements... :?

So, either I'm being ignored, or you are extremely understaffed.... :?
21 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've passed the ticket on to cancellations team for you.
N/A

Re: Have customer support left?!

I logged a case 26.5 hours ago.

You think that's bad, 6 days now trying to upgrade my account, apparrently I've been told I need to post to ADSL Guide to get someones attention, why? I've been with PlusNet for years and feel seriously let down Cry
N/A

I got this:

2005-09-16
16:05:44
link:CSA Removed
IE - Network Support & Problems Assigned : Regards,

And that's all. I've had nothing else in the past 4 hours. Makes a mockery of the 24/7 customer service claim.

[Moderators note by csogilvie: Customer Support Agent's Name removed]
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

You think that's bad, 6 days now trying to upgrade my account, apparrently I've been told I need to post to ADSL Guide to get someones attention, why? I've been with PlusNet for years and feel seriously let down Cry

Hi,

I've started the upgrade for you and replied to your ticket.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

And that's all. I've had nothing else in the past 4 hours. Makes a mockery of the 24/7 customer service claim.

Hi,

I've replied to your ticket, however I should note that the 24/7 is the availability of the support team, the tickets they receive are answered in the order that they come in and can take longer than 4 hours for a response. We aim for 8 hours, but the volumes of tickets may mean that sometimes this is less and sometimes this is more.
N/A

Thanks Dave... Smiley
N/A

Hi Dave

As this seems to be a novel way of getting a reply to tickets I thought I'd get this request to you before you take your well-earned weekend break ( :roll: listen to me!).

I've had an open ticket for just under 24 hours. It's probably not as simple to resove as the previous two on here but would you mind taking a look as all that's happened so far is that it's been reassigned to another department?

Thanks in advance

James
N/A

Thanks for stepping up the response, I have replied.

I would like to point out that, although I can't remember exactly where, I did see something about getting a reply within 24 hours so this is why I assumed it would be dealt with quicker. I don't think "assigned" really constitutes a reply as it merely implies someone has at least looked at it. Also the time to close enquiries should be made explicit that it refers to once a ticket has been actioned, not once it's raised.
N/A

Hi,

I've started the upgrade for you and replied to your ticket.

Thankyou Dave, you must be working there on your own tonight :shock:
N/A

Well another 3 and a bit hours have passed, no response. Thanks for the effort Dave but alas it was pretty much a waste of time on your part and it uneccessarily raised my hopes.

I think it's fair for me to now say that either customer service is extremely overwhelmed at this point, which I seriously doubt given the time and the fact there are apparently just 4 calls waiting, or this claim of having 24/7 customer service is false.

Edit: Something worse has come to mind.... Have we affected users been relegated to being of lower priority than others?
N/A

Update: I got this during the early hours of the morning;

2005-09-17
03:56:24
Customer Support Centre Assigned : please progress after update from cmr.
Regards,

Now it's gone 11am and no further updates. 39 hours have passed since I first raised my ticket, 19 since my ticket was "assigned", 14 since Mr Tomlinson personally "actioned" my ticket which I duly replied to and 7 since my ticket was again "assigned". Is there anyone looking into this? I think 19 hours is somehow considerably more than the 9 stated. 10 extra hours is understandably testing my patience, and to be frank, taking the ****.

[Moderators Note by csogilvie: Customer Support Agents Name removed]
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Although our support team is here 24/7, The target of 8 hours to respond to a ticket is for tickets in the Customer Support pool, the agents working through it are able to deal with most queries raised this way, and are available 24/7.

Some queries however need to be escalated other teams such as our Network engineers and Developers who work standard office hours, so they can take longer to be responded to.

The statistics on our website are accurate and updated regularly.
Community Veteran

Ben, I know the other day Dave was going to change the mention of closure time to respose time, maybe add "for the customer service ticket pool, which is the first pool you ticket will reach before escaltion" on to the end?
N/A

If the customer support people need something to do, I'd rather like my MAC key so I can leave this dump.