cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have aliens taken over plusnet?

N/A

Some time ago I was looking for my first broadband ISP. Previously, I'd been with Virgin where my own experience was terrible service. That's what made me interested in PlusNet. They really seemed to put a big effort into communicating with customers. It just felt like they were "on our side" rather than the usual faceless corporation which views its customers as cows to be milked.

As a result, plus net got great word of mouth publicity. I've recommended them to several people. I've met others who recommended them to me before I told them I'm already signed up.

I'm just shocked at some of the recent changes. Could you please sack whichever bean-counting eedjit has taken over product development?
9 REPLIES
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

"Have aliens taken over plusnet?"

or have sheep taken over the Discussion Forums?

I'm sorry to sound harsh but could yet another of these type of posts not have been added to the existing 'flock' :?:

And does the total lack of detail perhaps imply that actually, like many other such posters, you've still got a speedy connection at a great price and this is all about 'what if' and 'maybe next, could be possibly'

I just signed up my 6th referral today so there are at least 5 'happy campers' on here Cheesy
N/A

think yor being rather harsh to the aliens aint ye

now say sorry to the aliens for degrading them worse than plusnet

lol
N/A

or have sheep taken over the Discussion Forums?
And does the total lack of detail perhaps imply that actually, like many other such posters, you've still got a speedy connection at a great price and this is all about 'what if' and 'maybe next, could be possibly'

Thanks for your response but, in short, no.

Other people can express their concerns in their own topics. I don't think I need to repeat the detail which has been covered so well elsewhere. The main point I wanted to make is the huge loss of confidence I have with plus net and how the bean counters don't seem to have added customer satisfaction into the equation. If this was my company, and I'd seen a previously very popular image harmed in this way, some P45's would be in the post.

Baaaa-aaa!
N/A

Re: Have aliens taken over plusnet?

That's what made me interested in PlusNet. They really seemed to put a big effort into communicating with customers. It just felt like they were "on our side" rather than the usual faceless corporation which views its customers as cows to be milked.

I think the fact that this forum is here, and despite the, ahem, flock of sheep, :lol: who have been on here recently given the company a right bashing, the forum is still online with full time staff hired to answer queries

I for one dont know many companies that do this

A faceless corporation would have scrapped these boards weeks ago
Metalguru
Grafter

Re: Have aliens taken over plusnet?

Interesting you say that (Above)

I thought the same but I have now been officially told that the forum is an unofficial platform for discussion run by a private group of users, and not PlusNet plc

I'm not certain who these private group of users are ....... Those Aliens perhaps ?
Community Veteran

o.k. plus can you clarify here?

Are these forums official in any way whatsoever? - this does not mean they are an official support channel.

or

Are these forums merely hosted by plusnet but run by the mods. If so does that mean the mods are allowed to do what they like (within reason i.e. not let this become a nasty place to visit) with regards to running the forums without consent from yourselves.
Metalguru
Grafter

Daniel.

You may wish to start a new thread on this.

It could run and run ?

And I as a fellow seeker of the truth, would not want you getting a yellow card, for going off topic.
Community Veteran

If you are interested in the workings of the forum with regards to the moderators an FAQ is available in the Tutorials forum.

Chris
N/A

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the phrase unofficial is in the meaning of unofficial support and nothing else unofficial