cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have You Been Forum Shaped?

Pathfinder
Grafter

Yet again the heavy handed Mods are at it once more. I was bullied out of here before (for being a happy customer) by two of the more unpopular Mods and decided not to come back. Two months later I *had* to come back here and post *one* question a few days ago because no one had asked it and I needed an answer.

Lo and behold one of the bully Mods who got me banned last time now kicks up a fuss about my sig line quoting the hallowed "living document" that is the forum rules. So as you see I now have no sig line. There were no complaints just more nit picking and big stick swinging from bully boy.

The forum is being shaped in much the same way as your broadband connection. Pretty soon all you will be allowed to post is "I love Plus.net" or "I love the Mods" anything else will get you a ban after "careful thought and full backing from the whole Mod team" so beware. Even the change of forum name allows yet more shaping to be applied to posts.

After Christmas I will be looking for a new ISP and the bizarre thing is that I am very happy with Plus.net. It is the heavy handed Mod attitude in these forums that is getting so tiresome that I cannot stomach much more of it.

So well done Plus.net you have (un-salaried) customers turning away happy (fee paying) customers.

Is it any wonder that some of the Mods have become so unpopular so quickly and the last couple of weeks show that that is not just my opinion either.

Ok, lock away boys.

Re: Have You Been Forum Shaped?

anything else will get you a ban after "careful thought and full backing from the whole Mod team"

I got that t-shirt too Cheesy
rammie1976
Grafter

I've had the odd hint or two that such a fashion accessory exists! Cheesy
simonh
Grafter

I read these forums regularly, and I agree, the mods do seem to be a bit thread-lockingly over zealous at times. I have never had a problem with any of the members or the mods ( I don't post enough to have, I suppose), but the bullying tactics have increased of late. It's going to get to the point where people with something negative to say aren't going to post, and then all you have left is the "I love plusnet " posts. Boring, for a start. Those kind of posts are as useless as the so-called "serial complainers" posts. I know the mods have a tough job here sometimes, but a bit of common sense is called for.
N/A

sorry i'm lost,
what was the problem with your sig?
LiamM
Grafter

Weyoftheweb...

Your last sig was stretching the page width of every thread you posted in whether you like it or not.

No matter how much know-it-all HTML jiggarypokery you quote, it WAS stretching the page and we therefore removed it as you were not kind enough to do so yourself at our polite request.

I don't quite see how this is bullying you. We made a simply request, you wouldn't comply, so we took action. Now all is fine.
Pathfinder
Grafter

sorry i'm lost,
what was the problem with your sig?

It was over the "hallowed document" size. However it was text and took up the same room as if I had typed the line. It was a bit of fun and a chance to use my cgi space - a rotating sig line. Hardly the crime of the century.

It was quoted in the PM that it was breaking the look of the forum page but when I asked for screenshots or copies of any complaints none were given and I was informed my sig had been removed.

Ah well I will look to migrate after Xmas which is a shame as I say, I'm very happy with Plus.net despite the numerous changes of late.
LiamM
Grafter

We couldn't provide evidence of it by screenshot as we'd already removed the sig by then.

The complaints came from the other mods, over MSN.
Pathfinder
Grafter

We couldn't provide evidence of it by screenshot as we'd already removed the sig by then

How convenient . Once again the complaints were from the Mods and not other users of the fourm.

Your last sig was stretching the page width of every thread
you posted in whether you like it or not.

Not really a problem anymore is it.
N/A

sounds to me like you haven't quite got over being banned,
be a man, tek it ont chin and keep posting,
wouldn't want to have to say............Bye. Miss ya. Cry
:lol: :lol:
N/A

:lol: - I had a sig removed because it was not helpful to the issues the forum is designed to address.

Also been told I'm not aloud to fish anymore or I will be booted off the forum!

Shame that I quite like it here - Cheesy

A bit of mod power and it goes to the head.
Community Veteran

Firstly, weyofthe web. You were not bullied, you where asked politly to stop sarcastic comments at new posters on the forum who where unhappy, you then decided to resort to abusive comments. You might want to mention this in your continued crusade against the moderators.

A quick search for the words "Bye. Miss ya" clearly show this.

Chris
N/A

It was a bit of fun and a chance to use my cgi space - a rotating sig line. Hardly the crime of the century.

It was quoted in the PM that it was breaking the look of the forum page

I would put it back on.. :lol:
N/A

ha ha`

Man this is funny, considering now grake is funking up the forum with his stolen image :-)

Am i'm complaing now, so mods can you change his avatar to blank.