cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have MAC but all other ISPs saying line cant take Broadband.

N/A

Today I got PlusNet to cancel an LLU migration theyd put on my line. If this had gone through I would never be able to get a MAC but I got it stopped and prized a precious MAC from PlusNet.

So now Im looking to migrate and Im putting my phone number into all these other ISP sites and theyre ALL saying that my line has an incompatability and cant support broadband.

Im using broadband now. And Ive successfully cancelled the LLU migration so whats going on?

It says to call BT but the wait times are horrendous. In fact their BB help line for non BT Customers is virtually uncontactable.

Have Plusnet sabotaged my line in a final act of spite so I have a MAC but cant migrate anywhere?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Sorry guys. Ignore this. I decided to contact BT'sn broadband sales and pretend I was trying to sign up with them, mysteriiously answered at the 1st ring, and they said that the LLU restriction has been cancelled but the line wont show up as free again until tomorrow.

I wont be migrating to BT though its nice to get some info from them I didnt have to wait 60 mins on hold for.
N/A

And it should have been PlusNet that gave you a prompt answer to this not BT. It's great that you've managed to get this sorted out, but the way you have been dealt with is awful. Having to use OFCOM to escape from an ISP and then still suffer extra waiting because of their decisions sadly shows what a mess PlusNet have got themselves into.
It is interesting to see that there's a meeting of the minds taking place between James, Ian, Neil and the CEO of PlusNet. I look forward to seeing the outcome.
N/A

It seems to me that +Net are trying to place themselves on the road from small niche ISP to a mainstream player and are prosecuting this with all the lack of scruples recommended by the MBA graduate consultants they are doubtless hiring.

I have yet to find any telecoms provider that gives a monkeys about customer service but some at least pretend to :?

Not all though.