cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I been unmaxed?

N/A

Have I been unmaxed?

I have been on maxdsl since early May.
On Sunday, 10 days ago, my connection dropped at 8pm and I had continuous attempts to resync until it came back at 6am. I had a solid connection during the day with a sync rate around 7Mb. This continued until last Sunday when my connection dropped during the day and came back up at 2.2M downstream and 228kb upstream with SNR of 25.5 and 27.0 respectively. My router shows me to be on fastpath so I am not interleaved.

My question is do BT return you to adsl when you have been maxed, and if so, how can I tell other than from my stats?
12 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Have I been unmaxed?

With that up speed and SNR, sounds like you've been returned to non-Max 2Mb.
Max has an up speed of 448k, and tries to approach a SNR of 6.

So it's pretty certain.

I hesitate to suggest it, but contact them and Plusnet will confirm it.
N/A

Have I been unmaxed?

I have contacted PN. I raised a ticket (20181047) when I realised my loss of sync was only overnight and it wasn't going to sort itself out. They said they would have BT put interleaving on. That was supposed to happen at the weekend. They have ignored all subsequent posts to my ticket so I thought I might get some answers here.
Alecto
Grafter

Have I been unmaxed?

Hmm.
sounds like you need Mand or one of the others who know what they're doing to look into it for you.
Mand
Grafter

Have I been unmaxed?

Hi there

I have answered your ticket for you. Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

Have I been unmaxed?

What service!
I told you so! :lol:
James
Grafter

Have I been unmaxed?

Hiya,

I've just been on the phone about this to BT for the last half hour :/

Basically, we placed an interleaving order on your line on September 1st. This should have had no effect on your line speed at all. It was part of the faults process. Now,what appears to have happened is that it's knocked you back down to Home 2000, even though there was no speed change request on the order itself.

After lots of being on hold (I feel your pain) they've been trying to get one of their other departments to sort out the fault, and they have had to raisr their own fault report and will call me back once they have an update. I'll let you know once I've heard back.
N/A

Have I been unmaxed?

Wow, thanks all.

Perhaps, more background would help.
I had a couple of thunderstorms in July and interleaving was turned on. I found this had a horrible affect on my ping when I played online so I asked for it to be removed and it was. I have had no problems between then and my current one which started late August. I thought it wasn't possible to get BT to turn interleaving on again once you had asked for it to be turned off. According to my router stats I do NOT have interleaving on.

I discovered the times my disconnections began and stopped fit exactly with the times a street light, which is currently out, starts and stops to hum which would also probably match the times the light should come on and go off if it was working. I have reported this to the council and, they say, it will be dealt with within 5 working days.

I had hoped to put any BT action on hold until this was sorted but no such luck. I was really trying to find out what had happened and getting frustrated with the lack of communication.
N/A

Have I been unmaxed?

Any update on this?

The council has done their part and fixed my street light Cheesy so now I need BT to restore my maxdsl to see if that has cured it or that there is some other fault causing my problems.

Thanks
Chris
N/A

Have I been unmaxed?

Any chance of an update?

Last post to my ticket was by James on Tuesday 12th.

I have posted updates since then but no acknowledgement from CSC. I am still on Home2000 and this was confirmed by a woosh test.

The most frustrating part of the ticket system is being left without any response for over a week. Even if it is a waiting post of "we haven't forgotten you".

Please, please, can someone update me?

Thanks
Chris
N/A

Have I been unmaxed?

bump, bump, bump :x

That is me banging my head against a brick wall. That is what it feels like when no-one will action a ticket.
timps
Grafter

Have I been unmaxed?

This is outrageous .. why the hell aren't these things followed through Huh

keep bumping

timps
N/A

Have I been unmaxed?

bump

ticket no 20181047

Please :!: