Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I been missed from the new VBMU?

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

We just had the network drop out this evening and thought it might have been the change to the new product and vbmu but having just checked I find that not only am I still on the 'old' product but my usage has not reset from last month.

I assume this is because for the second month and the second 'Payday', (I get charged on the 1st of the month), the system has missed me again.

I assume I am still on the old 8am to Midnight and not the new 4PM to Midnight times?

If it's still the same in the morning I will raise a ticket with CS but don't hold out much hope.

Regards, Colin.

Edit: Time is now 7:39 PM and the usage has reset Cheesy , but I'm still on the old VMU Sad can someone check this in the moring? Ta.
25 REPLIES
N/A

When checking your vmu, are you using a bookmarked link or the icon on the portal? I ask because the address has changed. Try this link and see if it works http://portal.f9.net.uk/view_my_broadband_usage/

Mark
Pendragon
Rising Star

Hi Mark,

Tried your link and I just get the same old type VMU.
I don't use a bookmark, just access it via 'Connection Settings' from 'My Account'.

Looks like I'm still on the old style useage limits and they missed me again thats two months in a row my billing date happened on a Bank Holiday weekend and the system missed me Cry .

If noone reads this from F9 and nothing happens by tonight I will raise a ticket and see if that triggers something.

Thanks for the link .
Regards, Colin
Mand
Grafter

Hi Colin,

For some reason your account type was not changed on your billing date, we are investigating this at present, but to resolve the issue I have changed the account type manually. You will see the new VMBU in a few hours.

Hope this helps.

Mand
Pendragon
Rising Star

Hi Mand,

Just checked and YES I have my new account and the new VMU thanks for that Cheesy .

I don't know if it will reset at some time by I seem to have used over 5Gb of data in two days, more than I use in all of last month Shockedops: .

Not realy, I only use a few Mb yesterday and today so I assume it will show the correct usages later today?

If you could keep an eye on this please Mand as I don't want to have all my quota for the month used up before I get it :lol: .

Thanks, Colin.
Mand
Grafter

It will reset within the next 24 hours or so.

Smiley
N/A

I seem to be in the same situation. My billing date is the first of the month, yet I still get the old VMBU and I think I'm still on the "8am to Midnight" peak-time window.
Mand
Grafter

Yours has also now been changed!

Give it a couple of hours and you will have all the new stuff Smiley

Thanks
Mand
Pendragon
Rising Star

Hi Mand,

Just to let you know my usage meter has reset and all seems fine Cheesy .

I can now see all the 'chatter' my router makes when I'm not using the line. Nothing to worry about just nice to know.

Anyway thanks for setting that up. One happy bunny here Cool .

Regards, Colin.
carpangler
Grafter

Well, you're lucky to get your account changed so quick. Mine is still showing the old stuff and I've mailed F9 several times over the last few weeks. I got a reply back saying basically it will be sorted. Guess what, 2 weeks later and still not sorted. What this means is (I think!) I'm on peak usage 8.am to midnight as far as I can see.

So, if Mand is reading this, how about a bit of 'magic' on my account. That would be ace. Cheesy
Sword
Grafter

I'm in the same boat as carpangler.

Whilst I'm cheesed that more recent PAYG customers appear to be geeting priority over long-standing Premier accounts, the upgrade to 8MB isn't the only issue.

Moving over to the new account types would suit my usage much more - but one billing date has gone with nothing and essentially blank looks and responses from support.

S.
Mand
Grafter

'Magic' worked on both accounts Wink

You will see the new VMBU and stuff within the next couple of hours.

Unfortunately I can't give you a regrade now to go with it. You will have to join the queue jump for that Smiley

Regards
Mand
Sword
Grafter

Top stuff! Some service at last!

Many thanks Mand - much appreciated.

S.
carpangler
Grafter

Thanks for that Mand. I've just had a mail saying my account has changed. Hey do you really work for F9 as that was great. The old F9 of the past still lurking somewhere. I can wait for the regrade with everyone else, it was the new account type I wanted as I work from home and the new peak hours suit that better for me.

Cheers Cheesy
Mand
Grafter

No probs guys I'm happy to help where I can.

Yes I really work for F9 Smiley

Mand