Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I been changed to a new ISP?

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I joined PlusNet 2 years ago because it looked like a very good company with happy customers and first class CS. The forums were happy places and a joy to read. There were seldom complaints and when the odd technical problem cropt up it was dealt with quickly, either by one of the CS guys or other customers.

But alas I think BT must have switched me to a new ISP with a simular name because the PlusNet I'm with now bears no resemblance to the PlusNet I signed up to.

Now the forurms are full of unhappy customers and CS has taken a node dive into the pits. I don't know if it's the senior managers or who it is but someone within PlusNet seems intent on constantly upsetting customers on almost a weeklly basis. I find this most odd for a company that relies so much on referals. It's as though there is someone within the company that is trying to destroy it.

Maybe it's time to stop and have a meeting of all staff and discuss where it's all gone wrong whilst there is still a company to worry about. I for one was always happy to recomend PlusNet as a first class ISP but I feel I can no longer do that with all honestly.

Somewhere in the past year things started to go down hill with PlusNet, I think they need to rewind to where they were they were the first class ISP that I signed up with and start putting right where they have gone wrong. After all they are not alone in this business and their customer base can go down as quickly as it has risen. To be honest from the outside it looks as though the company is being run by a bunch of amateurs now that have no idea how to treat their bread and butter i.e. their customers.

It is very sad to see a once well respected company lose it's reputation as PlusNet have done. I just wonder where it would come these days in the ISP awards?
27 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Re: Have I been changed to a new ISP?

Now the forurms are full of unhappy customers

No they're not. There are a few who are very vocal. £21.99 for a 2Mb service which performs day in day out is excellent value and I'm happy with Pn. Tongue
Community Veteran

So am I, but you can't deny they have problems...
glloyd
Rising Star

Re: Have I been changed to a new ISP?

[No they're not. There are a few who are very vocal. £21.99 for a 2Mb service which performs day in day out is excellent value and I'm happy with Pn. Tongue

Well yes so am I but it's obvious by the massive unhappy threads on this forum and AG that a hell of a lot of people are not. Even so it's not the same company that I signed up to two years ago.
N/A

The one thing that annoyes me about ADSL Guide, is that more than 60% of the replies are from non-PlusNet customers.

Quite how any company is to stand a chance when people who don't use the service complain, I don't know.

The level of "I agree" spam is rather annoying (where most replies add nothing other than to say "I agree", multiple times).
Community Veteran

if we're talking about AG now i'll add my 2p

The forums software is horrible...
Alecto
Grafter

The one thing that annoyes me about ADSL Guide, is that more than 60% of the replies are from non-PlusNet customers.

I don't think I'd realised that about AG - I wonder what they think the point of that is, or perhaps they've just nothing to do.

Wonder if satisfied Pn customers should go on AG and post that we're unhappy with Zen Tongue
N/A

actually they don't have millions and many customers don't know about or use these forums hence hundreds that are still paying OTT for their connections.
N/A

Also just what is the percentage of unhappy customers compared to happy customers.

Sure there are a lot of posts complaining, but when you look at them they are mostly posts by the same small minority who post repeatedly.

Its a fact of life that customers that are happy don't bother to post and possilbly do not even read the forums and just want a internet connection that works at a reasonable price
Metalguru
Grafter

The more important point, is how many of those million(s) of +net punters know about whats going on here ?

How many even care ?

Do they know about the changes in T & C's ?

Do the know about capping ? Or what ever name they are using for download limits at the moment. In fact does anyone know what these limits are ?

Do the know about the "time outs" that are coming ?

Do they know that there is an opportunity (for some) to pay less for the same sort of service?

Do they know that some of this important stuff was in the e mail they dumped 'cos they didn't have time to read it ?

Do they know, that two apparantly decent punters, have been kicked off the service for simply being vocal about these sorts of things ?

No warning !
No caution !
No removal of posting rights!

Just ............................ See Yer !

I doubt if the majority of the +net customer base know about many of these things. And many probably don't even care.

Do the +net directors etc know ?

Probably not. This sort of stuff is probably far too "weedy" for the big strategic thinkers....................... And I guess they don't really care either.
glloyd
Rising Star

I would agree with you there. However, a year or so ago you never saw all those unhappy customers so something has gone wrong and needs fixing and fast.
N/A

plus.net has millions of customers, i think the forum would colapse if there were many people unhappy with the service Tongue
N/A

i think there would be alot more unhappy customers if they found out they were paying exsessive amount of money to plusnet when others are not and getting the exact same service.

these ppl probably never use forums see little need in coming on to the site as all they want to do is surf the web if it goes down or they have a problem i would imagine they would be the ones to phone rather than do it through the ticket system. Also if its there net that down they never get to this site.....

and the way the portal is acting up at mo no one will be on ive logged in 4 times now.
Metalguru
Grafter

plus.net has millions of customers, i think the forum would colapse if there were many people unhappy with the service Tongue

Was that what started happenning this afternoon ?
(See the recent thread concerning +net Portal Problems )
Community Veteran

At least there are other forums now apart from here and AG (don't like AG's software)