cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hate BT

N/A

Hate BT

My exchange has hit the red!!! and should have been fixed this week.

I can download via one of my servers at the following rates:

Connecting to ftp.mirror.ac.uk|194.80.135.25|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /sites/ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix ... done.
==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso ... done.
Length: 728,190,976 (694M) (unauthoritative)

11% [===> ] 85,022,416 5.99M/s ETA 01:40

But can I get 50kb's doing the same via adsl

Connecting to ftp.mirror.ac.uk|194.80.135.25|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /sites/ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix ... done.
==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso ... done.
Length: 728,190,976 (694M) (unauthoritative)

0% [ ] 376,832 42.34K/s ETA 5:54:39

How long do BT usually take to resolve issues, or is it just wishfull thinking that it may be done this year.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Hate BT

Bt can sometimes take several months to fix things like this i'm afraid. I've seen a few exchanges be overdue a month or 2 as well :/
Community Veteran

Hate BT

there seems to be a huge amount of exchanges on red suddenly, I have never seen mine on red before and suddenly half the exchanges in Glasgow are either yellow or red, it doesn't seem to have affected me yet though, still getting my internet at line speed (touch wood!)
N/A

Hate BT

We are back on green, normal throttled speed has been resumed.
Community Veteran

Hate BT

I am back in the green as well! YAY!
N/A

Hate BT

yeh the cheker was updated last night/today as far as i know. hence the change
Community Veteran

Hate BT

Pah.. Red for a week, Red for a month or two...

Try having an exchange Red for over 6 months AFTER its upgrade date.. nearly 8 months in total...
holdtight
Grafter

Hate BT

You dont have a lot of luck with your exchange do you chesterfield i would be hopping mad

My exchange is now on amber never usually have any problems so why now i dont know, BT fiddling about again no doubt :twisted:

Nice site by the way, classy motors Cool
Community Veteran

Hate BT

Thanks,

Im currently on dial up, as I tested my connection again today, and its still not working. So its been totally unuseable since Thursday night now.

Connects fine, and the weird thing is, I can ping things fine (22MS to bbc) - but litterally no traffic throughput. I reckon its the DSLAM at the echange or something like that.

To be honest Im thinking of going down to the exchange with a sledgehammer in the dead of night and giving it a few wallops. That may get an engineer out. :lol:

I think BT are now adopting the typical corportate approach in the UK, and not giving a stuff about service or support to consumers.

This is self evident by the fact that Red excanges exist in the first place. If BT were proactive about support and service, they would upgrade the exchanges before they got to Red status. Leaving them in Red for 6 months is just plain lazy and greedy. No doubt a nice healthy profit will be posted by every single provider/retailer of every single one of my home services this year, yet the support offered by most is nothing short of pathetc.

There are two companies making money out of my internet connection, Plusnet and BT - and my connection being down for over a week now, is quite frankly disgusting.

I often wonder if service like this would be tollerated in the US, where psycotic disgruntled customers can nip down to the local wall mart, buy a shot gun and go round to the offending offices? :lol:

Do BT have anything what so ever to do with LLU? i.e if I were to move to an LLU provider couldI kiss the BT side of support goodbye?