cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has your exchange been upgraded yet ?

N/A

This is aimed at the PN mods...

It might help the communication flow if a 'sticky' was created where people could name their exchange and state whether they had recieved their 'free' regrade. Waiting on an update from BT is so frustrating!!!

I'm in Leigh-on-Sea and have been on PN ADSL since April 2002 (and very happy to!). My exchange is EALGH and so far I haven't seen an increase in speed (via the router).

John
30 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

I think a sticky about this is a good idea it would be good to see where and when people are getting sorted
Community Veteran

TBH I don't think this would work. Not everyone uses the forums and those that do don't check sticky posts often. I also can't imagine it would stay free from conversation and would just become a lengthy thread making it difficult to find information.

Chris
N/A

I disagree. I'm tired of wading through countless numbers of lengthy posts just for one snippet of info.... Maybe I'll raise it on ADSLguide..............
Community Veteran

Dont forget that a lot of exchanges are listed more than once. So for my own exchange for example someone could post to say they were upgraded in April. But I haven't and the next date is July so I would not really be any the wiser. :?
N/A

Also that list seems to be abit out of sync with reality - our exchange (Caerphilly) is only listed once as far as I can see as a trial which I understood meant it would be upgraded in April...

Needless to say it hasn't...
mcclim
Grafter

the Poyntzpass exchange in Northern Ireland was upgraded on Sunday Smiley exchange code is NIPP Smiley
N/A

Nuts. Just noticed Caerphilly appears twice now... once in 'Trial' (April?) and once in May...
N/A

solstans

According to the PDF file, your exchange is listed 3 times. 1 trial, 1 in may and 1 in july.

Where the 4th is I don't know.

Remember the PDF is sorted in date order, then exchange name. So your exchanges will not be grouped.
the_norris
Grafter

Go the same issue with my exchange. Nuneaton. There are 6 DSLAM but only 4 listed.
Julie
Grafter

Dont forget that a lot of exchanges are listed more than once. So for my own exchange for example someone could post to say they were upgraded in April. But I haven't and the next date is July so I would not really be any the wiser. :?

I agree it's the same dates for me and so far I haven't been upgraded.
we are not any wiser as to how far BT have got with this upgrade shedule we do not know if they are even keeping to this shedule :roll: ...
Some of the exchanges due to be upgraded in April may not yet have even been done and how are we to knowHuh
N/A

Stallan

According to the PDF file, your exchange is listed 4 times. 1 in april, 3 in july.

The April DSLAM is listed as a multi-visit. This means that it will likely not be completed in April, as noted in the PDF.

A multi-visit DSLAM will see a minimum of 3 weeks between the initial and follow-up visits. Thus, it could be the end of May.

As for a sticky, I say no as well. It's mainly through peoples confusion that leads to people wondering why they have not had an upgrade yet. The two examples here are proof of that.

On one hand, somebody has only looked at one listed DSLAM when there are 3, and another is a case of the April DSLAM being noted as needing an extended upgrade timeline.
holdtight
Grafter

Good point John one i hadnt considered !
im the same 3 DSLAM`S dont know where i am and thinking more about it your right it wouldnt make any difference
N/A

Is it really not possible for PlusNet to make use of their much vaunted strong relationship with BT and ask for a progress update ? If I'd paid half a million quid for a job to be done, I'd expect a bit more than a single schedule list dated in February ! Especially since it now seems this list is (a) virtually useless to the majority due to multiple DSLAMs and (b) unverifiable.

Go on, PlusNet. Give BT a call.
fingleburt
Grafter

Yup in the same boat, Redruth exchange due to be enabled April only on the list once, its now May and nada. I agree that Plusnet should be able to get an update out of BT what with their *special* relationship.