cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has there been a mass migration?

___oDiN__
Grafter

Reading the forums its clear there is a lot of unhappy people.. lots are requesting mac keys some ahve already left. Plusnet said that only a few% would be affected by the introduction of the sup and i wonder just how many migrations requests have been submitted since its introduction.

I wonder if plusnet would furnish us with this information and be honest about it too?

Anyone from Plusnet care to comment and share this information?

We will wait and see
20 REPLIES
N/A

Lots of people have left and some (like me) are due to leave shortly.

However it's important to qualify 'lots'. I would say that only 1% of customers use the forums to post in, and of those maybe 5% are leaving.

So in the grand scheme of things PN may only lose 0.05% due to the SUP. Hardly significant in terms of overall costomer numbers.
N/A

im off to f2s too
Metalguru
Grafter

I'm off toooooo.

I believe this question has been asked in other threads.

One reply (if I remember correctly) was that there had been no noticable change in the migration figures.

From a business perspective, I don't believe they could actually make the numbersavailable to the general public. It may effect their share price.

However I am of the view that they are struggling financially, there is some evidence to indicate this if you look closely at their recent changes in the T&C's & the SUP.

Plus there are some posts on ADSL Guide, mentioning refunds .......... that are not being refunded.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Yes, we do have some very vocal unhappy customers, however they do not represent our total customer base at all accurately.

Over the last few months our cancellation rates have not increased significantly, and our signup rate has grown steadily.
N/A

well, since you havent got many outward migrations to deal with, could you help me with my thread?

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33493
___oDiN__
Grafter

maybe you could furnish us with these figures then, perhaps showing the last 3-6 months migrations?
N/A

Unlikely.

That sort of information would normaly be considered commercialy sensative.
N/A

Over the last few months our cancellation rates have not increased significantly

Depends on the applied definition of significantly Ben Smiley Wink

Or if the last few weeks figures have made it onto the stats. Smiley
Community Veteran

Over the last few months our cancellation rates have not increased significantly

Depends on the applied definition of significantly Ben Smiley Wink

You read my mind! Smiley
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The rate of cancellation at the moment is directly proportianal to the amount of people who were directly affected by the SUP excercise earlier in the month, which is to be expected.
Community Veteran

So if you take the spin off that you get.

The number of migrations is proportional to the amount of people we have annoyed with our constant policy changes. :razz:
N/A

And the rejection of the T&C's, plus those dissatisfied with PN at present but who are not affected by SUP has not increased that expected figure?
N/A

That is all good then! This is a case of "The Grass is greener on the other side"!

Untill they all go to the same ISP and start hogging their bandwidth and then the ISP says "sorry we will cap you now" and they move on again.

30Gb Peak and 100Gb off ppeak is more than enough for most, but with XMas comming looks like people are desperate to get those bootleg DVD's made for the local car boot or market Tongue
N/A

Frammy,

Unfortunately it goes a little bit deeper than that.