N/A

Has "sustainable use" changed behind my back again

These figures don't add up. Two quotes from the same email:
It has come to our attention that your peak-time usage for this billing
month has reached 24GB, which greatly exceeds the 15GB allowance associated
with your product type.

On your product type, peak-time usage that exceeds 30GB will result in the
following restrictions for the remainder of your billing month:

I was aware of the 30Gb limit, but when did the 15Gb turn up? Or is the email simply wrong?

Given that my account rolls over on the 24th anyway (so everything should get reset as of this morning anyway) this matters not practically (this month gone was a heavy one, this month won't be), but...

(I'm not going to go on and on about thinking about leaving, as I know how much PN will care given how many low usage accounts they can sqeeze into my usage at the same price I pay *each* if/when I go...)
3 REPLIES
N/A

After poking arouns abit,. I see my product has changed again (how many product line-up changes do you need in a 12 month period?!) so the "unlimited" account I signed up for some time ago that became a 100 (30 on peak) account for the same price has now essentially become a 100 (15 on-peak) for the same price.

<sarcasm> Ta muchly... </sarcasm>
N/A

It seems thst my (premier_ product has changed again, so I now have 10 GB on peak and I still have a max sped of 1 MB/s on the old product. Because I've not paid more for a speed I can't get I'm at the back of the queue for maxdsl which should give me at least 3MB/s..
Extra speed is supposed to enable streaming content such as movies, but how many streaming movies or tv shows in peak times can you watch a month with 10GB.
The faster the speed, the more likely to want to use the high bandwidth new services. But capping makes it impossible. Maybe if I had a £100 a month business product I could watch streamed movies?
JonathanW
Grafter

The only change that we've made to sustainable usage recently is the lifting of the 100GB off peak level, as now this isn't monitored quite so closely. Though the way that we do peak time management has changed, with both the SUP and the older p2p/nntp policies being combined, meaning that you've got 10GB of usage at peak times at up to your line speed, and then things start to slow down a little. Though your connection remains useable for web browsing and other interactive applications, when you reach 15GB p2p/nntp is stopped between 4pm and midnight.