cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has my up to 8MB "MAX" upgrade been completed ?

N/A

HI

Just wondering if my up to 8MB "MAX" upgrade been completed ? it was going to be done manually last week see my last post, also last few days ive noticed my connected drops, it will just cut out for no reason, then i have to re log on,

Thanks CC Smiley
29 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Yep, the regrade was done last week. The speed reports you should be sync'ing around 5.5Mbps. How often is the connection dropping? It's normally to drop a few times during the first 10 days as it works out what speed your line can support.
N/A

I regraded to "up to 8Mb" in January. There has been no change in the actual speed of my connection (2.2Mb). I thought this was just a matter of losses on my line (it fights its way through trees to get here!), but a recent BT Speedtest looks as if I might still be on a 2Mb connection. Is there any way to check this and confirm my regrade has been activated?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Looks like your regrade was missed when you requested it, apologies for that.

Anyway, I've just placed a manual order for you which will complete tomorrow.
N/A

Hi mand,
Could you please look at my upgrading too?
Maybe it got lost behind the web of cobs!

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 2:15am, Friday 9th March 2007
We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP.

Regards
Customer Support

Question Topic: Your question | ID: 21486155 Closed
N/A

HI Mand

Ok thats great was it my upgrade that was missed ?, i checked my local exchange they upgraded to DSL MAX 1st april just in time , just ran a speed test only got 1.4 MBPS

Thanks CC Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi mand,
Could you please look at my upgrading too?
Maybe it got lost behind the web of cobs!

Nah, I think it's behind the fridge, anyway it's in the system and with any luck should be done in the morning.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Ok thats great was it my upgrade that was missed ?, i checked my local exchange they upgraded to DSL MAX 1st april just in time , just ran a speed test only got 1.4 MBPS

I think Mand was referring to granway's regrade, looking at your account Chris put your regrade through at the beginning of the month. Looking at the speed history for your line it looks like the sync rate dropped below 2Mbps yesterday so BT have lowered your throughput rate to 1.5Mbps. If the sync rate has gone back up again then it will take 3-5 days for the throughput rate to increase as well.
N/A

This seems to be happening a lot. Mine was missed until I flagged it too.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I think there are a few reasons for regrades going astray. In order for the order to be placed successfully the details that we have on file need to match BT's records which means that if you've renumbered your phone number (e.g. nuisance calls) but not updated us then the regrade can get lost. Some orders take a bit longer to process. If for example you put the order in Friday morning you miss that week's run (we collate the list every Friday) so the order isn't placed until the following week and then usually takes about a week to process.

There's other reasons as well I'm sure, we've done over 4000 regrades in the last month so it's not altogether a surprise that a few "go missing".
N/A

Hi, can you please have a look at my regrade , I've opted in three times but not heard any thing.

Thank You.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Apologies for this, it does seem to have been missed.

I've just placed a manual order for you, which will complete by Monday.
N/A

mand wrote:
Nah, I think it's behind the fridge, anyway it's in the system and with any luck should be done in the morning."

Please do not turn around - it's BEHIND you!
Thank you for a prompt, LoL and satisfactory reply; now I Told you NOT to turn around....
N/A

Hi Mand, thank you.
N/A

Another 'missed' upgrade?

I've opted in to DSL Max many times since about sept 06. Everytime I got a robotic "We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP." reply and nothing happened.

Finally On 22nd March I was informed by email that I was being upgraded to DSLMax and to watch for dropped connections etc. 3 weeks later nothing seems to have happened and my enquiry to customer support about whether I've been upgraded or not resulted in another 'closed' ticket with the robotic reply "We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP."

This makes my really angry - call that 'customer support'? No wonder tickets are closed in under 6 hours - bots just post standard replies and close the ticket. So I've still got no idea where my upgrade is and am now seriously thinking of requesting a MAC code.